Topic: more requests/ideas

wanted to mention a couple of things i think would help TMFX and UFX..

1. It would be nice if there was a time remaining indicator for recording with DURec.. The "GB free" indicator is good but as a data indicator its not obvious how many minutes and seconds you have for recording.. It would be good to have a display calculating remaining time based on selected sample rate and the number of armed tracks..

2. Is there possibility of having more attentuation on the analog inputs ? When using UFX for live recording i find it is very easy for the input signal to clip when you are using direct outputs from mixing consoles.. Many live engineers run their gain fairly high for live sound and when that signal hits the UFX it distorts very easily. The gain isnt clipping the live console but the recording ends up with nasty digital distortion.. My old Alesis HD24 could handle very high input gain from direct outs without clipping, it was very easy to plug into direct outputs and not have to worry about how the live engineer would run gain, i have lost this with UFX though. It can be difficult to use direct outs while another engineer is running live sound and you have little control of the channel gain..

Is there a way of having an option for -20db or -40db Pad on analog inputs ?