Topic: TotalMix w/ DigiFace + HDSPe - Copying Submix

Hello,

I use TotalMix (not FX) with a Digiface and HDSPe card, and I'm seeing some annoying behavior when trying to copy a submix. I use the SPDIF output for my main control room feed. When tracking bands who want a separate headphone mix, I would like to copy this mix to a different set of outputs, for example ADAT 1/2.

I can copy SPDIF L to ADAT 1, and SPDIF R to ADAT 2, and the levels copy as expected, but the panning is messed up. When pasting to ADAT 1 or 2, the pan pastes as either 100% left or 100% right. So, by the time I am done, I have to reset every pan back to it's intended position.

Is this normal behavior, or a known bug, or what? It's not a huge deal to work around, but it just feels like I'm missing something.

I have the latest version of TotalMix and the latest HDSPe Firmware. Running a PC with Windows 7 x64.

Thanks,

Dave

Re: TotalMix w/ DigiFace + HDSPe - Copying Submix

I cannot reproduce. In the first copy step the panning will be only left (SPL to A1), which is fully logical. In the second step, SPR to A2, the pan information is then set correctly.

The pan does change for all other, means inactive routings, which is not what you describe. And not a real problem.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME