1 (edited by stevemtno 2014-04-19 02:29:22)

Topic: need help with a RME Hammerfall 9632

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping you can help me with this. I just bought a RME Hammerfall 9632 and I have a question about using the card.

I've got my phono preamp connected to the analog ins, and the analog outs are going to my receiver. Basically, the signal just goes straight thru the card.

When I play an album, I don't hear anything. However, when I go to the HSDP Mixer program, the signal is getting to the card. I can see the meters moving. Also, I'm getting a signal coming into Sound Forge as expected.

If I play a wav file in Sound Forge, I can hear it. Sounds great. But to just play an album, I get no sound. I'm assuming this is a simple issue, since the ins and outs both seem to be fine. I just can't pass a signal straight thru the card.

Can you help? Thanks!

SteveMTNO

Re: need help with a RME Hammerfall 9632

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=splW9OtTBYw

2:40. But you better look it all.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the quick reply, MC. I'll give that a shot tomorrow.

One more question.. Since the signal is in effect just passing thru the card, does the computer need to be on now anytime I just want to play an album?

Yes.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello,
I am trying to connect  RME 9632 ADAT output to YAMAHA 01V96i mixer ADAT input (using SW  PRO TOOLS11). Output section of Hardware output is indicating presence of ADAT signal, but actually no signal is present when connecting it to ADAT input of YAMAHA mixer. (Checking YAMAHA input from other ADAT source goes fine.) Is there any special configuration needed to enable ADAT output from the RME card? How to check correct setting of ADAt configuratiuon of the RME card?
(A am using PC WIN7, 64bit,  latest RME drivers installed)
Thanks.
Milan

Check that you did not activate SPDIF for the optical output. That is done in the card's Settings dialog.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Check that you did not activate SPDIF for the optical output. That is done in the card's Settings dialog.

Thank you for response.
I have checked RME DSP Settings showing as follows:
Clock Mode: ADAT In
SPDIF In: Optical
TMS: Checked (ON)
SPDIF Out: Optical
Options-AEB: NOT checked (OFF)
Sync Check: ADAT IN= SYNC

When TMS is ON or OFF it does not have an effect to SPDIF Optical Output. Signal is always present on  SPDIF Optical output connector.
ADAT Output is never present on ADAT optical output connector regardless TMS is ON or OFF.

HDSP Mixer output as well as Software Playback output indicates ADAT signal presence on A1+2….A7+8 output (faders up).

RME Hammerfall Driver version: 3.40.

Thank you for an advice.
Milan

Change both SPDIF In and SPDIF out settings, these should not be set to Optical.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

9 (edited by uncle 2014-04-21 08:20:15)

Thank you. It has helped!!!
It is a joy to have such a good partner.
Sincerely
Milan