Topic: Audiolink 96 needs several cold boots to work

I've got a Nuendo audiolink 96 that I've had from around 2003 and it has a problem where the host error light remains on and it sometimes takes several re-boots to get it working (sometimes it works straight away) it's most common for it to take 2 or 3 re-boots before working. It also usually stops working when the computer goes to sleep.

It's always had this problem and back when it was new I couldn't find a solution. I then downsized my studio in around 2006 and the card was in storage until now.

I think I though that it was probably windows XP being rubbish, however I've now tried it on 2 different computers with windows 7 64 bit - updated firmware and drivers, and still have the identical problem.

I'm wondering if the mod outlined here might work - http://www.rme-audio.de/en_support_faq. … n_hdsp_pci

Although would it be unlikely that I have experienced the same problem with 3 or 4 different computer builds?

If anyone could help shed any light on this I would be most grateful!

Thanks,

James

Re: Audiolink 96 needs several cold boots to work

Would getting a power supply for the unit possibly work? Although it should be getting enough power from the PCI-card?

Check the hardware revision number of the card...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks, it's REV 1.4