Topic: OSC outgoing port seems to hold incoming port

hello

i'm trying to create a max msp patch to control totalmix on the same machine (windows 7)

so i guess the best way is to go by OSC

first i would like to mention that i understand the way osc is implemented (touchosc like interfaces oriented) but it really doesn't fit my use :
page1, page2 don't make any sense here and i second dhjdhj on this comment : http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic … 405#p93405
anyway i got it to work thanks to setSubmix and setBankStart messages but it seems a bit lot like a workaround to me.
maybe it would be worthy to implement an extra OSC design using messages not starting by /1/ or whatever and more "fireface oriented" ?

now here is my issue :
OSC outgoing port seems to hold incoming port

so communication works fine from max to totalmix, but i can't get the feedback, as when i try to receive udp in max, whatever port i choose, i got this message :
"udpreceiver : bind to port unsuccessfull, there is probably something already bound to this port."
only if the port is already set as outgoing port in totalmix, of course.
if i set first the port in max, totalmix doesn't display any error msg but it doesn't work either.

i really don't feel like building a midi workaround... have i missed sthing or is there a way to fix this ?

thanx in advance

kro - impressed newly owner of a rme soundcard

Re: OSC outgoing port seems to hold incoming port

global OSC addressing is something that would be a really great update to totalmix. is it ever going to happen ??

ebulb wrote:

global OSC addressing is something that would be a really great update to totalmix. is it ever going to happen ??

I would like to see this as well.

i wrote a message to rme support who kindly answered :

Matthias Carstens wrote:

This happens because the sockets are thought for bi-directional communication over the same port number

they also sent me an unsigned version of totalmix that corrects the issue.
i don't know if they will apply the fix on the next updates.