Topic: fader group query

I want to do something reasonably simple but need assistance. I want to create two separate fader groups in totalmix (using fireface ucx), so channels 1/2 and 5/6 will be one ganged group and 3/4, 7/8 another. Then I want to be able to control either separately from the rme advance remote controller, assigning them so that I can switch between them using a function button and controlling the level with the rotary encoder. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Re: fader group query

The rotary controller can not change gains of a fader group. The reason is that you would have to specify which of the faders is the one that the wheel acts on - there is no such setting. That also explains why it works as long as one of the supported gains (like Phones 1 and Main Volume) are part of a fader group.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Many thanks for your reply. I suppose the thing that I haven't worked out is how to make more than one fader group. There seems to be the ability to make four but at the moment I can only get one group of yellow highlighted faders.

I think yellow faders mean that they are in temporary group mode which can be turned off from top right corners yellow F.

Sonicimage studio
RME FF UFX, XTC, ADI-648, MADIface USB
W10 Pro 64bit

thanks, but I'm trying to make more than one group of faders so that I can control each independently.

Described in detail in the manual, chapter Snapshots - Groups.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME