Topic: Raydat and HDSP9632 with protools 9.5

hey guys i have a question here.

when i have both card running in protools 9.5 it wont let me run the spdif audio out. and when i want to change this to analog true the HDSP9632 i am not getting any sound out of it. when i disable the raydat card then everything runs smoothly in protools.  this is in my current OS7. what could be the issue here.... any idears..  let me know i would like to solve this.

kind regards Ronald

Re: Raydat and HDSP9632 with protools 9.5

dutchblond_guy wrote:

when i have both card running in protools 9.5 it wont let me run the spdif audio out.

Please be more specific - what exactly is not working as expected/desired?

and when i want to change this to analog true the HDSP9632 i am not getting any sound out of it.

What exactly are you changing where and where exactly is there no sound?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

hello Daniel,

i have a raydat and a HDSP9632 instald in my computer.
just instald W7 and new WDM drivers from RME.
fresh install on protools 9.06 and Nuendo 4.0.
when i work with Nuendo no issues on the RME. used the raydat spdif as playbackout and the analog from the HDSP no problems there.
when i try to work with Protools 9 i use the same settings raydat SPdif out for playback. yet nothing seems to happen no audio.
ihave tryed to take out the raydat from the I/O stil nothing happens.

when i disable the raydat in the software of W7 and only use the HDSP9632 card analog out i hear the audio,SPdif still wont run even on the HDSP card in PT.

hopefully this clears up some of your questions to get a clearer picture of my problems.

kind regards,

ronald

Seems like you are running into the limitations of PT. Pro Tools can only see the first 32 inputs and first 32 outputs. When the RayDAT card is enabled, it's already over this 32 channel limit.

when i disable the raydat in the software of W7 and only use the HDSP9632 card analog out i hear the audio,SPdif still wont run even on the HDSP card in PT.

Please check your settings for SPDIF in the HDSP Settings app. SPDIF should be working fine for the HDSP 9632 card in this scenario, but you need the proper setting for your scenario.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi Jef,

thxs for the input.

so if i takeout some of the tracks in the I/O section of the PT9 enough so it sees just 32 I/O channels it should be fine?

and if i only run the HDSP9632 i need to look into the SPdif section to make sure i can use this. am i correct here or still way out of my sences... smile

cheers Ronald