Topic: midi controlling and inputs overview

hello,

ok, when clicking on a output fader in order to raise/low it, the whole track is becoming grey (highlighted), and then one sees what feeds this output : all inputs are recalled.

BUT when MIDI controlling the same fader, well the track is NOT grey, and then one CAN'T see what is feeding this output : that's not very convenient...

i do 80% of midi controlling (BCR), that soooo great not to click...  would it be possible that midi controlling would "call" the track as grey and to show/reveal inputs feeds ?

cheers !

all (macpro1075 UFX@usb TMFX 9999)

Re: midi controlling and inputs overview

Hi,

Go to the menu "Options => Submix Linked to MIDI Control" and make sure ' 1 ' (or the your BCR's assigned number) is ticked.

Now when you select a submix (= HW output Fader) with your MIDI controller, Totalmix FX view should follow.

RME UFX - TM FX 1.05 / Drivers USB 2.03 fw 1.58
Mac OSX.8.5 / Pro Tools 10.3.10+11.3.1 / VEP 5.3.1

3 (edited by all 2014-06-04 06:07:54)

bonjour,

well thank you demo, but submix /1 was allready ticked. BUT if this inputs viewing is enable by your side, it means maybe another pref is not ticked, by my side, that's a good start !

(on a quasiment la même config, mais je pense pas que mon problème vienne de l'os...)

If your BCR alrealy control Totalmix parameters, I don't think there's any other option to activate (and on my setup, if I don't tick "Submix Linked to MIDI Control", the submixes are never selected).

BUT, if you simply move an output fader, it will NOT select directly the corresponding submix.
The behavior is not exaclty the same with the mouse : when you move a fader with the mouse, 2 steps are made in the same time : moving the fader AND select the submix.

With a MIDI Controller, you must use a dedicated switch (button) to select each submix, because sometimes you just need to select a submix to see Input and playback faders' view without moving the output level.

I don't know if you use your BCR with MC mode or standard MIDI CC ?

With standard MIDI CC, submixes select CC are
Ch13 / CC 104=>117 and Ch14 / CC102 to CC117 (NB : Ch13 / CC102 is use for Trim Gains)
(or in hexa : BC CC68=>73 and BC CC66=>73, see the manual for more infos)

As far as I remember with the BCF2000 (I never used any BCR), you could program it to send 2 CC in the same time (1 CC to select the submix and 1 CC to send the fader value). Then you could have the same behavior as using the mouse.

(PS : Si tu veux qu'on discute en français, on peut peut-être poursuivre la discussion sur AF ou MacMusic, je poste en anglais ici car ça peut aider d'autres utilisateurs).

(restons là, oui, peut être que les admin. répondront)

"when you move a fader with the mouse, 2 steps are made in the same time : moving the fader AND select the submix" that's what i wanted with midi controlling !

@ rme staff : can this be achieved within any future TMFX update ?

i gonna try with the CC...

merci, mec !

"when you move a fader with the mouse, 2 steps are made in the same time : moving the fader AND select the submix" that's what i wanted with midi controlling !

As far as I remember, rotary knobs of the BCR are clickable ... maybe you can use the switch of each output volume's knob to select the corresponding submix...
(and still try to send 2 CCs in the same time when turning the output volume's knob to auto-switch to the right submix)