1 (edited by Kaoutchou 2014-05-03 08:14:06)

Topic: Standby mode

Hi,

My windows Seven box with Multiface doesn't enter in Standby mode anymore. There is an audio flux used on the RME that blocks it:

C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -requests
DISPLAY :
Aucune.

SYSTEM :
[DRIVER] RME Hammerfall DSP (PCI\VEN_10EE&DEV_3FC5&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_11\4&1b35
9d48&0&00F0)
Un flux audio est en cours d'utilisation.

AWAYMODE :
Aucune.

But I've killed every user application...

Could you help me please? It's driving me mad

Thank you

Driver date 4/1/2014 Version 3.4

Re: Standby mode

WDM in use?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

no use of RME WDM I guess. I use a generic audio card for system and regular applications and RME ASIO for audio apps.

I swept the standby problem under the carpet using the -REQUESTSOVERRIDE option of the powercfg utility but still, I have this audio flux in use without understanding where it comes from...

Is there any onboard audio you could switch to? Does the Multiface still block standby then? Or does the onboard audio block standby then?

I use an onboard audio card for windows audio but the rme does block standby. I don't get what's using it...
I disabled the RME in the Win Seven mixer with no change. It's the same when I disconnect the digiface using the settings.

This is happening to me too, but not always, and not with any noticeable pattern.

C:\Users\Administrator>powercfg -requests
DISPLAY:
None.

SYSTEM:
[DRIVER] RME Hammerfall DSP (PCI\VEN_10EE&DEV_3FC5&SUBSYS_000010EE&REV_3C\4&342d
dffa&0&00E0)
An audio stream is currently in use.

AWAYMODE:
None.

Active processes (Win 7 64 bit):
http://s22.postimg.org/45ppndmpd/Processes.gif

We have seen and also got reports a few times that Windows starts to hog WDM on start and doesn't stop to do so, means a continues playback although nothing has ever been started or used. But this phenomenon is not reproducable and not under our control as neither our drivers nor our tools start such a stream. Personally I use all (!) my computers with hybrid standby and never experienced one or the other.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the info Matthias... I guess these occasional mysteries are to be expected with Windows!