1 (edited by ramses 2019-09-02 09:34:26)

Topic: UFX feature request: more comfortable access to files on USB stick

Hi,

1st of all many thanks for such a very nice recording interface like the UFX. I really like it and all the tools around. I have an idea and would like to ask you, whether you could be interested to implement something like this in the future for this product.

What would you think about inventing a new feature, to easier access files on USB Stick/Disk, which are from Direct USB recording, directly via the existing data connection between UFX and computer, either via USB or Firewire ?

Nice would be, if i.e. a Windows PC would see the USB stick/drive, which is connected to the UFX, as an external disk.
This would save the work of plugging the disk/stick in and out.

I would really love such a feature. I hope you like the idea.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: UFX feature request: more comfortable access to files on USB stick

Hi,

hmm, I seem to be the only one liking this idea wink

I assume there are other things planned with higher prio and more benefits/visibility to the userbase.

Would be nice at least to hear from you (RME) whether this would have been technically possible.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

It's not possible at all.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by ramses 2014-06-12 10:51:33)

Thanks for clarifying Matthias.

But even without such a feature I am very satisfied with my UFX, many thanks @RME team :-)