1 (edited by daxliniere 2014-06-18 07:52:42)

Topic: Slight adjustment for fullscreen FullHD monitor

I have two monitors, my main (upper) monitor is 2560*1440 and the lower monitor is fullHD (1920*1080).
I like having TotalMixFX open on the bottom screen and I zoom it to 135% to fill the screen, however, it is slightly too high to fit properly.
I don't mind losing the "HARDWARE OUTPUTS" strip across the bottom, but screen position isn't remembered.

Do you think you could slightly modify TMFX to fit within the bounds of a FullHD screen, please?
Assuming the graphics are vectors, perhaps you could add a maximise button to the titlebar which caused TMFX to fit to whatever screensize the user has?

All the best,
Dax Liniere.

Loyal RME user since 2001
[AMD 5800X, 32Gb RAM, Win10x64, NVidia GTX1080ti, UCX+UFX, REAPER x64]

Re: Slight adjustment for fullscreen FullHD monitor

135% can be used on a Full HD monitor in 2 row mode. For three row mode 100% is correct.

The graphics are not vector.

Screen position isn't remembered? I think it is, but when the window is bigger than the screen some automatic repositioning might happen.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by daxliniere 2014-06-18 08:45:27)

Hello Matthias,
Thanks for your reply.
As you are aware, 100% does not make use of the entire screen height and therefore reduces the vertical resolution of the faders.
2 row mode is not enough for me while I'm using TMFX, especially during a busy recording session.

This is a screen capture of my displays, with TMFX @ 135%. The black areas to the left and right of the bottom screen indicate 'no screen'.
As you can measure, it's 61px too high = 1141px not 1080px.

http://stash.reaper.fm/21018/DaxsDesktop.png

Screen position isn't remembered? I think it is, but when the window is bigger than the screen some automatic repositioning might happen.

If I push it off the bottom of the screen (to show Hardware Input track labels on bottom screen), position is not remembered on restart of Windows.

Cheers,
Dax.

Exactly what I wrote. The same mechanism prevents windows from staying completely outside the visible area. It snaps back to the current borders. This would also happen with monitors side by side.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by daxliniere 2014-06-18 08:56:42)

Ok, cool, so is there a 127%(?) intermediate you could introduce, please? Or perhaps allow user to set custom?

(I'm not sure who 135% is supposed to cater for.)

The graphics are not vector. That means they are bitmaps. That means there are only the three sizes stored in the TM FX program. Everything else would look awful.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Okay, Matthias.
I would love it if you would keep my request in the back of your mind for a future update.

(I would be happy to do any required 'leg work' to resize the 150% image resources to 127%(?) if that would help getting it done.)

All the best,
Dax.

Dear RME company! I'm your client for 5 years, owned Babyface PRO, UCX & UFX + Octamic.
It will be fantastic if you'll add a fullscreen (or stretched maximize) mode to this soft.
And it will be unbelievable if you will add a LIVE mode to use your interfaces like a digital mixer.
I mean a fullscreen mode, reverb & delay like faders instead of knobs, 1-row with all faders that users are need.
I have no doubts that many users will support my idea!
Waiting for update!!!

+1. Need 150% or 175% for 4k monitor.

fullscreen (or stretched maximize) mode 100% Yes Please add this!

MathKiller wrote:

+1. Need 150% or 175% for 4k monitor.

+1

Apple Mac Studio Max 64gb RAM, Ventura, RME UFX III, 12Mic, Pulse 16 MX, Studio One 6

Yeah, c'mon guys. Even if you don't rebuild it as vector graphics, a simple 127% size would be greatly appreciated. This is a daily bug-bear for me.