Topic: TotalMix Routing to Spacial Audio's SAM Broadcaster

Well hey there RME buddies!

First time posting here and am pretty excited about it. I am a very happy UFX user, I just purchased mine new about 2 months ago. I use it for music recording, online radio broadcasting, and as my main A/D converter for my stereo system. Enough about that, here is my issue:

I have recently upgraded to SAM Broadcaster Pro by Spacial Audio.  I run an all-vinyl show with multiple microphones, as well as a set of turn tables.

I run everything through Voice FX (on SAM) so that I can set the show in "locked" microphone mode so that I can do all of my signal routing and microphone settings outside of SAM in TotalMix as well as analog equipment. I have my turntables plugged into analog 1/2 of my UFX, and my microphones plugged into Mic 9, 10, 11, 12. The problem is that SAM will only accept the turntable signal that is hardwired into the analog 1/2 input of the UFX. When I submix Analog 1/2 input (record player) and all of my microphones to Analog 1/2 out on the RME and click "Loopback" it creates a feedback loop within SAM and the RME.

All of my issues would be solved if I could route all of my microphone inputs to the Analog 1/2 input (but i'm aware that does not make sense) in TotalMix, or if SAM's Voice FX could accept analog 1/2 output rather than 1/2 input from TotalMix. I have emailed Spacial asking about that.

Does this sound like an issue with SAM Broadcaster alone, or is there something that one of you know that I could try?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best,

-Mitch-A-Palooza

Re: TotalMix Routing to Spacial Audio's SAM Broadcaster

The loopback is the right approach in principle, you will just need to find the place where you've got the feedback in the signal path. This could be in Totamix or your audio software...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME