Topic: RayDat in Thunderbolt Chassis Connection Problem

I have a 2014 iMac 27” 3.5GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Flash, OS X 10.9.3. RayDat has the latest 308 drivers and firmware 13 and is in a Sonnet Echo Express Thunderbolt Chassis. On the first boot up of the day the iMac connects with the chassis but not the RayDat card. Unplugging and reconnecting the Thunderbolt cable to the chassis or immediately restarting the iMac makes the connection.
The computer boots off of SSD very fast; less than 30 seconds. Could that be too fast for the iMac to interrogate and initialise the RayDat?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Richard

Re: RayDat in Thunderbolt Chassis Connection Problem

Any other cards in that chassis that suffer from this problem?

Re: RayDat in Thunderbolt Chassis Connection Problem

The RayDat is the only card in the chassis. I've been in touch with Sonnet and RME. Both say that they've not encountered such a problem and neither of them know what the cause is. I provided Sonnet with first and second boot System Reports which apparently show no obvious cause other than the fact that the RayDat is shown on the second but not the first.

For the record, I've ruled out any third party software or extension issues by doing a fresh install of Mavericks on a seperate drive with only the 3.08 RME driver installed. I've tried a different Thunderbolt cable. I've also tried extending the boot time by going into Startup Manager for a few minutes before continuing. I've installed the latest Mac OS 10.9.4. None of these helped.

Right now I don't have the time to troubleshoot this much further and I'm resigned to pulling and reconnecting the Thunderbolt cable after booting.