1 (edited by bigzig 2014-07-10 07:30:17)

Topic: Help for starting please

So, after a good recommendation here, I bought the HDSP9632 as a substitute for my old Digi9636. Its too long ago that this card was installed by a friend - and it worked till last week without any problems.

Yesterday I tried to get my new card to work, sorry, no chance. It's a little bit too much for me. First of all - the settings dialog in my manual differs from that I have got after installing the card and the drivers (from the web), it shows only two columns not four like the one in the manual. It has only 3 parts: HDSP9632(1), Global and About - no DDS f.e.
I work with a Yamaha S90, Cubase 5 and an Alesis mixer.
The S90 (Audio) is connected by Stereo jacks (via the mixer) into the line in/line out plugs of the cable whip, in the same way the connection to my active speakers.
The S90 (Midi) is connected via USB directly to the PC and works without any problem in my Cubase.

My questions:
-What about the different looking setting dialog? Is there anythin wrong
-can you recommend settings for this dialog to my environment?
-should I use ADAT or ANALOG with my kind of connectors?

The audio sound from my keyboard is active permanently to my speakers, even when I change the channel f.e. to MIDI-Channel, it should be muted if I change this.
The signal doesn't reach Cubase though I have made the settings in the VSTChannel-Settings.

Is there anybody, who can take me by the hand and brings back my working environment smile ? An Email-Adress for direct contact could be helpful, so that I can send pictures of my several settings....

Hope I can do it anyway.
Thanks for your patience
Martin

I thought (based on the description of the card) that it will be only plug&play, but ....may be I'm too stupid.

Re: Help for starting please

Well, I did some successful steps by myself. Audio Signal now reaches my Cubase, I am able to record, but.....

...one more problem and I spendt many hours yesterday but didn't find a solution:

The Audio signal is contantly present, it isn't muted if I change to a midi channel. If I play my B4-Organ via Midi, I hear simultaneously the sound of the keyboard audio signal.

Could this be changed in the settings of the HDSP9632 or a special switch in Cubase?
I am sure it's a very easy problem, but not for me

Thanks for help
Martin

Re: Help for starting please

bigzig wrote:

Could this be changed in the settings of the HDSP9632 or a special switch in Cubase?
I am sure it's a very easy problem, but not for me

It could be either, it depends on your settings. Cubase has a button on the track for input monitoring, and the RME HDSP Mixer can route the input directly to the monitoring output. If you still hear the organ with Cubase closed, the signal is routed in the HDSP Mixer.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.