Topic: Hammerfall DSP Multiface I / PCI - Windows 7 x64 ??

Just installed a Hammerfall DSP Multiface I with PCI module but after trying various "hdsp_wdm_xxx.zip" drivers (including the latest 342) it still won't register.

Looked through various posts here to find a solution, but no luck - It seems it should support Windows 7 64-bit, but am I correct in assuming that it does NOT support 64-bit?? If not, does it support 64-bit XP at least??

If it should work however, what drivers are the right ones?

Thanks for any help on this!

2 (edited by niceboy 2014-07-09 21:33:06)

Re: Hammerfall DSP Multiface I / PCI - Windows 7 x64 ??

Dont worry .
All my RME gear works in W7 64 bit.
Just wait someone will help you here.
For example my HDSPe MADI did not work until I disabeled C1E in Bios.
I dont know about your Multiface.
Bear

Bear Of Moon

Is your HDSP PCI card outdated and needs an update? Check the revision number printed on the PCB. Also check that the unit is shown in Device Manager at all.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Is your HDSP PCI card outdated and needs an update? Check the revision number printed on the PCB. Also check that the unit is shown in Device Manager at all.

It is Rev. 1.8 - and yes it shows up in device manager, though with this annoying yellow triangle as not working obviously..

5 (edited by Rainer 2014-07-12 09:34:01)

I tried to run "fut_wdm_dsp.zip" but nothing happens - the readme enclosed with the latest driver states that the card must be operational in order to flash? A Catch 22 in my case :-/

Do I have to flash my Rev. 1.8 and if so, how can I proceed?

You will have to put it in a different computer to find out. But my comment about 'update' refers to a physical one. A rev 1.8 does not need an update, and an older firmware does not cause an error in the Device Manager.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Issue solved, the card works great now! It was my own fault entirely, I just assumed a driver error of some sort as usual. After reading the entire driver status message as I should have done initially however, it was obvious that it was a driver signing issue, not a faulty driver in any way. smile

A quick workaround using this little splendid tool did the trick so if anyone encounter similar driver signing issues with Windows 7 x64, the tool above from NGOHQ is a very fast and easy fix.

Thanks for all help anyway.

Note that our drivers are digitally signed in every way, so there seems to be a problem in your OS.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME