Topic: Driver 3.08 / OS X Lion 10.7.5: I/O Box Error after Sleep

I have a HDSPe Expresscard firmware rev 20 on a MBP running the latest 3.08 driver on Lion 10.7.5 connected to Multiface I. I've learned to always Disconnect the I/O box before putting it to sleep because it otherwise creates a signal on some the ADAT channels when sleep begins.

Since I've updated to the 3.08 driver, after a few sleep/wake-up cycles, when the MBP wakes up I see "Error" in the I/O box and the Multiface doesn't connect and doesn't work. I've tried disconnecting, ejecting the card and plugging it back in, but this has no effect.

I can't reconnect properly to the Multiface unless I reboot the computer. After that it works and will work properly through several sleep/wake-up cycles; I'm not sure how many it takes before it becomes dysfunctional again.

Any ideas? BTW, this never happened with previous versions of the driver. Thanks.

PC1 = HDSPe PCIe: DF-ADI-8 DS / HDSPe PCIe: MF2
MBP = HDSPe Expresscard: MF1

Re: Driver 3.08 / OS X Lion 10.7.5: I/O Box Error after Sleep

There had been no changes in the driver that would explain such an issue. Please use the previous driver for some time to be sure this is not random and also comes up with the older one.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks, though Lion hasn't really been updated with much either. Trying the older driver is a good idea, but I can't seem to find the last 3.07 anywhere and I seem to have failed to save it locally. Where can I find it? Thanks.

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/hdspe_x86_307.zip

You can also download 05 04 03 etc, by editing the link.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you. I've decided to keep using 3.08 and count how many sleep cycles it takes before this happens again.

I'll try 3.07 afterwards and report back here.

Interesting: this morning I got the "Error" message from 3.08 after 6 days, but this time I went to the HDSPe Settings menu items at the top left of the screen and on clicking somewhat arbitrarily in the menu, the HDSP window redrew and showed "Disconnected" again after which I was able to Connect properly. I'm not sure what I clicked, but maybe this "Error" message is cosmetic. At the very least it's an easy fix. smile

I'll keep using 3.08 and see if this repeats in another 6 days... and be a little more careful as to what I'm clicking...

OK! This error keeps happening after a number of sleep cycles but today I noticed that while the HDSPe Settings app says "Error", the Muliface 1's "Host" light wasn't blinking. On a hunch I closed the settings app and relaunched it and on relaunch it shows "Connected" and works properly.

So at least there's a workaround: kill and restart the Settings app! End of story...

Interesting: today I was doing something totally unrelated to music when this same incident happened. I was using Sketchup and on saving a project, it stalled and CPU ramped up to 100%. After a short time I noticed that the WC and ADAT lights were blinking on the MF connected to the Expresscard, and when I opened the HDSPe Settings applet, it showed the "Error" message in the "I/O Box" area. 

I killed Sketchup in Activity Monitor, which brought CPU activity back to normal, and then quit and relaunched the HDSPe Settings app: everything went back to normal.

FYI...