Topic: Can I send a different effect mix to FOH than what my headphones get?

Hi there, Just wondering if it is possible to send say my vocals from ableton with delay and compression to front of house but my personal headphone mix with delay, compression and reverb?

Basically I need reverb to make in ear monitoring sound more natural but I dont want such a wet signal going to the front of house monitors but I do want control of being able to send the effects to FOH I need them to hear eg. a dry software bypass wont cut it.

thanks

2 (edited by Randyman... 2014-07-15 20:12:52)

Re: Can I send a different effect mix to FOH than what my headphones get?

If using Ableton for your effects (VST's, etc), just create a second Vocal track (use the same Mic input) and customize it however you want, and send this track to your HP Mix (more compression if you prefer, and whatever else you want in your HP's).  Leave the first track dedicated to the FOH send, and go easy on effects (too much compression will greatly reduce gain before feedback in the PA's mains).

Alternatively, you can add reverb to the Ableton output via TMFX (using TMFX's reverb), and only have TMFX's reverb return to the HP's in TMFX...

There are plenty of other ways to skin this cat - just depends how much control you need and how much control you want to give the FOH engineer smile

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8