Topic: RayDat and Mavericks

Hi, first post here...

Actually I own a HDSP 9652 which have been working flawlessly for years on several PCs (now Win7 64). But now I would like to switch to OSX...

2 simple questions:

- Is there a way to get my 9652 working on lastest OSX?

- If I have to buy a RayDat, are there 64 bits Mavericks OSX drivers? If yes, are they stable?

Maybe 2 dumb questions but I cant find this info in RME website...

Thanks

Re: RayDat and Mavericks

- No driver, so won't work.

- Yes and yes, but on a Hackintosh your mileage may vary...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

but on a Hackintosh your mileage may vary...

What does this mean?
Sorry, my english is pretty basic..

You use an original Apple Mac computer? Then your first question makes no sense, as there is no such that runs the latest OS X and has PCI slots. If you want to run OS X on a normal (Windows...) PC (called Hackintosh) then we do not guarantee any compatibility.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I use a PC running Win7 64, as I said in my first post.
I'm thinking about original Apple or Hackintosh in a near future, not decided yet... but it seems I would go for the Hack since I have to spend extra money for the RayDat...
Anyway, you have answered my question.
Thanks

And my answer to that was: no driver, won't work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I run my RayDat on a hackintosh and it works flawlessly. The first build was on a Dell XPS 8300 , not even built for hackintosh. Worked a treat. I recently upgraded to a gigabyte Z77-DS3H and it's also working flawlessly, through every version number of Mavericks. I think if you can boot into Mac OS, seeing devices on a PCI bus is not a problem. I also upgraded to a Fractal R4 case, and man that sideways PCIe slot, was basically made for the expansion card. Amazing!