Topic: Llet the daw control routing?

I'm using PreSonus Studio One and every time I make routing changes my UFX doesn't follow.
I have to bring up the TotalMix GUI to make all my routing. Why can't I just do this within the DAW?

For example:

1) I set up a Drums Sub Group on Studio One then assign it to a ADAT 1/2 output,
2) Then I select monitor on the Drum Sub Group mixer channel but I don't hear it on my headphones

The only way to monitor the Drum Sub Group is to bring up TotalMix and within there I route it to my headphones. It's annoying going back and forth between my DAW and TotalMix to make all my routings. Does anyone else experience this? Am I missing something?

Re: Llet the daw control routing?

What is the benefit in your setup of assigning the Drums to their own hardware output?  Are you attempting to use outboard processing on them and return them back to your DAW?

Most people generally have a main output from the DAW (the main L/R fader).  If you want to subgroup the drums for additional group processing, you would generally create a subgroup in the DAW - then this subgroup still feeds the DAW's main fader.

So all monitoring happens via the DAW's main outs.  Some DAW's also have a "Control Room" option, and assigning this to your main speakers can be beneficial.

So, what are you trying to accomplish?  We will try to get you headed in the right direction smile

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8