Topic: (Solved) Please help: After PC-Crash big Latency during recording

Please help....

I work with Cubase 5 and the HDSP9632, it worked perfectly till today. During recording the PC crashed, frozen screen. I had to "kill" it and made a shut down.
After starting again, all worked fine as before, but....
...I now have a great Latency when recording Audio or Midi, the sound doesn't come with my key press, it later.

I am not really familiary with the technics, could you give me tipps where to look in my settings to "repair" this problem?

Thanks a lot...

Martin

Re: (Solved) Please help: After PC-Crash big Latency during recording

as i am also having trouble with dropouts, i wouldn't be a good help. Like you i don't know what my problem is.
But i guess, adding a bit more information about your system could help

good luck :-)

www.florianpilz.com

3 (edited by bigzig 2014-07-25 19:56:58)

Hi Flohre,

well, there is nothing more to describe than my Card - the HDSP9632 working with Cubase 5. Very lean, ...
The PC is a Dual Core 2,4 GHz with 4 GB RAM.  Windows XP SP3. Nothing more.....
Till this afternoon everything works fine and without any problems, than the crash came...

There must be anywhere a switch to put on or off the Latency, that's what i suppose or hope, but I haven't found it till now...

Martin

What you could try...serach for a recent setpoint in the windows recovery (is it called that way in english?) In german it's "Wiederherstellung"...
XP is a bit far away from me as i'm on 8.1...
Perhaps you could, if you haven't done yet, reset your settings in Cubase or/and in your Rme software...
AND look whether you have selected the asio drivers in Cubase, not the mme-drivers...

hope that helps...i think i also have improvements right now :-)

www.florianpilz.com

Super, Flohre! That fixed it! Made a recovery and everything is ok again! Thanks a lot!!

Martin