Topic: Protools 10.3.8 and RME HDSPE Raydat

Hi,
I just bought the RME HDSPE Raydat to use with Protools 10.3.8
I use Windows 7 SP1 64bit
I'm new to RME products, i need help.

I installed the latest drivers from the website and i updated the firmware of the Raydat.

All i want to do right now is hear through my Monitors.
So i have the SPIDIF out of the Raydat (the red one) connected to my TC Electronic BMC-2 Monitor Controller.
I'm able to get some sound playing in Windows 7 selecting the SPIDIF out.

But in Protools, i can't get it to work, i have no sound at all.
I select the main out to be the Raydat SPIDIF, but i get nothing going in the BMC-2

Do i need to set it with  Total Mix?
Can someone please help?

Re: Protools 10.3.8 and RME HDSPE Raydat

This problem is created by Pro Tools. You can only use the first 32 inputs and first 32 outputs. SPDIF Out is beyond this limit, so Pro Tools will not use it directly.

You will need to use some other channels (any pair from 1-32), then route to SPDIF out in TotalMix.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

This problem is created by Pro Tools. You can only use the first 32 inputs and first 32 outputs. SPDIF Out is beyond this limit, so Pro Tools will not use it directly.

You will need to use some other channels (any pair from 1-32), then route to SPDIF out in TotalMix.

Are you sure it's the only way?
Can you tell me how to do it in Total Mix?
Like i said, i'm new to Total Mix and i'm not sure i understand it well.

Thanks

Set your pro tools outputs to 1-2

In Totalmix, look for them on the middle row of faders. If all goes well it should be coming through.

In the bottom row, find your S/pdif faders (somewhere right near the end, I guess? I'm purely ADAT). Click them so they're highlighted. Then go back to your pro tools output in the middle row, and drag the faders up.