Topic: Multiface 1 HDSP PCIhost error led on

A few days after updating to 4.0 drivers  there si a red host  led burning on the multiface 1. I  think the drivers are not the reason. In the device manager  rme multiface is no longer listed, or  sometimes it is but wit a yellow triangle for error. I tried to reinstall the driver,I disconected the cable for awhile, but the install always fails, , the same with previous drivers.

My system: ASRock Z87 pro 4 moterboard,
intel core i4770 CPU, 16GB ram,
Windows 8.1
multiface 1
HDSP PCI rev 1.3

My questions:

Is there something I havent done yet, to resolve this problem?

As my hdsp pci card is quite old, shoiuld I send it to Synthax or buy a new PCIe version?

Re: Multiface 1 HDSP PCIhost error led on

I have also disconected the PCI card from ht pc, put it back again,  red led is still on. is there any way to determine which component is faulty? PCI or Multiface?
regards
Stojan

If you can not open the HDSP settings and the mixer, the issue is likely to be the old PCI card. See http://www.rme-audio.de/en_support_faq.php#18

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you Daniel,
I have read the article, and recent events seem to confirm that idea. I plugged my multiface into a friend's pc, and the card works perfectlz, we tried multiple startups and everytime the error led was off. I think the ony way to go is modification of the PCI card. I just don't understand how it worked until now with no problems as mz pc has an 850 w power supply, maybe the  recent BIOS update (just after updating to 4. drivers) of the MOBO changed something, I'll try a BIOS rollback and we'll see.
regards Stojan

Did you update firmware along with the driver? Or was the card running on a 3.x driver already?
Try a different PCI slot, if available.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Yes, the card was running the 3. driver.  I have performed a BIOS rollback to 2.00  on the  pc motherboard and multiface  is back again. Thanks for all the help,  would it still be advisable to modify the pci card? This is  without any doubt the best piece of gear I have ever bougt. RME  rules!  that it still keeps working after all these years, is simply amazing.
Regards
Stojan

And here we go again. My pc doesn't find multiface, no  matter what I do. I have tried a reinstall, removed the driver, and hte pci card, put it back again. Install  of the driver always fails and I don't see multiface in the deveice manager. Now I'm really worried. It worked on another PC tthat's a fact. I'm really clueless.

regards
Stojan

And here we go again. My pc doesn't find multiface, no  matter what I do. I have tried a reinstall, removed the driver, and hte pci card, put it back again. Install  of the driver always fails and I don't see multiface in the deveice manager. Now I'm really worried. It worked on another PC tthat's a fact. I'm really clueless.

regards
Stojan

If it's the card that can't be found (i.e. if settings and mixer won't open), you'll need to have it modified as per the FAQ above.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME