Topic: Multiface routing options

I have yet to purchase a Multiface, but I think its going to suit my needs. I want to confirm some functionality.

I understand there is a separate analogue output on the front. Is this completely separate to the 8 analogue outputs at the rear? Would this output be suited for providing a monitor signal for my near fields?

is the SPDIF I/O separate to the monitor channel?

Re: Multiface routing options

All questions yes.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

thank you.

I have yet to use a DSP style software mixer(I'm upgrading from a Presonus Firepod), the routing possibilities are new to me.

Last few questions. At some stage I will consider a 2nd Multiface with an additional HDSP card, will the Multifaces sync clocks internally?

Will 2 multifaces fit happily side by side in a 19" rack?

1. No. You will use word clock I/O to do that.

2. Yes.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sorry, another question.

If I have 2 multifaces with 2 hdsp cards. Can I route channels between them, So can I monitor the input signals from the 2nd multiface to an output on the 1st multiface?

I hope that makes sense.

Not possible unless you connect them with for example the ADAT I/O.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

No worries. Thank you for the quick replies, very helpful and appreciated.

If you use both cards in a DAW application under ASIO (or Core Audio), both unit's I/O's will show up as a common bank of I/O's in your DAW smile

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

just wanted to come back and give RME a thumbs up

Grabbed a second hand Multiface with PCI HDSP card - seamless installation and running excellently.

Running half the latency of my presonus firepod - smooth as butter, and I can even play back a session while browsing the internet at the same time without pops/clicks.

Thanks for all the help.