1 (edited by nomad2323 2014-08-09 15:38:17)

Topic: Help me RME MULTIFACE II with DIGIFACE DJing, live mixing ,record....

HI , someone can help me about this config , if i connect in my PC  the multiface 2 with digiface on 2 HDSPe card with WIN7x64

*IF i use Traktor only on multiface 2 the headphones output can be detected on traktor as monitor output for cue my track ?? or only useable with TMFX???

*With REaPER when i connect the multiface 2 & DIGIFACE  , the headphone output of multiface 2 can cue any channel of digiface or i need to connect & disconnect the Headphones output on both interface ?

* cueING A CHANNEL mono or stereo on any interface MULTIFACE 2 & Digiface can operate only under TMFX or can operate under any DAW?

*if i connect the both interface , TMFX and DAW see as only one interface or need to open 2 totalmix FX??

*if i use with HDSPe card or expresscard  does it reduce latency IN/OUT or i can use HDSP PCI 1.9 it doesn't matter ?

IF someone can help me before i order them wink

Thank you .

Re: Help me RME MULTIFACE II with DIGIFACE DJing, live mixing ,record....

1 - Yes, you can use the Phones out separate from other channels.

2 - Yes, using ASIO drivers, Reaper can see all channels from both units.

3 - ?? No idea what this means.

4 - You have a TotalMix window for each unit, they are not combined.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thank you a lot JEFF ,
for 3 * , sorry i don't have a perfect english knowledge , i mean if i connect my headphones to headphones output multiface 2 can i listen channel mono or stereo  from digiface without  disconnect it from multiface 2 ?

I understand in manual if i use BOTH interface i have one TOTALMIX FX for control them or open 2 TMFX ?

Using DAW software to manage the I/O, this is possible. But without Reaper running, you cannot monitor input on Digiface on the Multiface output.

However, you can connect SPDIF out from the Digiface to SPDIF in on Multiface, and this will provide a path for monitoring through the Multiface.

I understand in manual if i use BOTH interface i have one TOTALMIX FX for control them or open 2 TMFX ?

You can have one TotalMix window, switching between Unit 1 and Unit 2, or two separate mixer windows.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

ok , thank you for solution!