Topic: HDSP, Digiface and Pro Tools Sample Rates

Hey all. When I first went to Pro Tools HD last year, I used it with my trusty old HDSP/Digiface combo and it worked generally very well. I then installed my really expensive Avid HD Native card and Omni, and have really hated doing recording sessions in Pro Tools ever since. So I'm thinking of moving that hardware over to my Mac and going back to RME.

The only sticky issue before I went to Avid hardware was that Pro Tools would often fail to acknowledge that I had changed the sample rate (using a Lucid clock generator), forcing me to create a new, dummy session at the new sample rate before being able to open projects with sample rates different from the previously opened project. Confusing enough? Anyway, I'm wondering if I make RME the master clock, will Pro Tools (10 and 11) automatically adjust the clock when opening a new project?

Also, I didn't know about the 4.0 driver with TotalMixFX for legacy cards! Very exciting! Even the old TotalMix completely blows away the joke of a "mixer" that comes with the Avid Omni. Installing tonight!