Topic: Routing to multiple speakers out of Logic

Hey guys,

Using RME Fireface UCX, with total mix and Logic X. my problem is run, A,B, and C speakers. Subsequently all plugged into outputs on the back of my UCX.

Now in logic, it can you only be routed to one stereo output (default is Stereo1-2), naturally my A speakers are plugged into this,

Is there any quick way through total mix, to route this to other speakers so using my mouse in total mix i can quickly and easily switch speakers, the only current way i can use my B or C speakers, is rerouting every channel in logic to Stereo 3-4, and its a very arduous process sad

Re: Routing to multiple speakers out of Logic

Have you ever used total mix? You can easily route the stereo-pair where logic is playing back through into another stereo output pair.
In Total Mix, the software-playback channels are in the middle row. Here Channels 1 und 2 should show signal when logic is running.
In the lower row you see the physical output channels of your rme interface. Outputs 1 and 2 are playing and you are hearing a signal out of your A speakers. Select Outputs 3 und 4 and raise the faders of the playback channels 1 and 2. Now you hear the signals out of Speakers A AND B!
Now you can quickly select the speakers by muting / unmuting the output faders.

MacPro'08 8x2.8, 10 GB RAM // MacBookAir 13" 2014
Logic Audio 10.2, Fireface 400

3 (edited by wasteland 2014-08-07 08:15:56)

Thanks heaps man!

You're welcome!
Forgot to say that the "submix" button has to be pressed - but i guess you did it already...

MacPro'08 8x2.8, 10 GB RAM // MacBookAir 13" 2014
Logic Audio 10.2, Fireface 400