Topic: DigiCheck Feature Requests

Hey everyone,
I recently used DigiCheck's Global Record function to record a few live concerts - What a fantastic tool.. AND IT'S FREE!!!

While using the software, I found a few things which I think need improving:

1) Saving a large multichannel recording to a multichannel file can take FOREVER. (As I found out on a laptop with a >13Gb recording!)
I would suggest that in such cases, if the temporary file (digirec0.$av) is on the same drive, it's simply renamed (and moved) instead of being copied.

When I started listening back to the recordings, found there were several features that would really enhance Global Record.

2) "Insert Marker" button - markers should be saved to the wave file or perhaps a cuelist (txt file)
3) Skip Marker Forward/Backward buttons
4) A scrollable progress bar - This allows you to see how far into the file you are and would also allow you to skip to specific parts quickly, easily and more accurately than using the FF/REW buttons.
5) The "Time" display should be a text box to allow users to type in a time to locate to.

So, what do we think?

-Dax.

Loyal RME user since 2001
[AMD 5800X, 32Gb RAM, Win10x64, NVidia GTX1080ti, UCX+UFX, REAPER x64]

2 (edited by laex 2008-02-21 13:58:56)

Re: DigiCheck Feature Requests

I also love Global Record for live gigs! I never had any troubles with it so far. I must agree that the FF/REW solution is not really state of the art... I understand that it is not designed to be a great audio player, but it would really be handy to be a little bit more flexible! Markers would be awesome for sure!

Great ideas, I'd definitely profit from these improvements too!

DC rules!

daxliniere wrote:

I would suggest that in such cases, if the temporary file (digirec0.$av) is on the same drive, it's simply renamed (and moved) instead of being copied.

That is exactly what it does - but it must also be stored in the same directory (of course).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias,
How you going?
Are you talking about 4.53?
This is not my experience with 4.52. I had to wait about 40mins on 3 seperate occasions to save 13Gb files and I was saving the file to the same directory.

Oh, I should also mention that I think markers should be avle to be written during both recording AND playback.

Then you did something wrong. It definitely just renames it. Watch the Required Disk Space in the Wave File Save Options dialog. It must be zero.

http://www.rme-audio.com/support/dcsave.png

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

7 (edited by daxliniere 2008-02-22 09:14:48)

AHHHHHHHH, I saw "0 Mb" and figured I would get a file of zero size with those default settings.
Something I could not afford to do after the concert went so well!
Ahuh.
Cool, very good. smile

Nice skin BTW, I use an OSX skin myself. What's your called?