Topic: TotalMix splitting inputs at 2x rates

I'm troubleshooting a friend's studio and this has me stumped. Here's the rig:

HDSPe MADI in MacPro 3,1 8-core 2.28, OSX 10.9.4
SSL Alphalink SX + Lynx Aurora via AES into SSL
SSL & Aurora are clocked via WC from the MADI card

At 44.1 & 48k, signals sent to the converters meter properly on the hardware and in TotalMix. At 2x rates, they still meter correctly on the converters but in TotalMix, only one channel is metering and is being duplicated 16 channels away from the actual input. The second channel is completely silent. I've trashed all RME and AudioMidi Setup prefs, zapped PRAM, etc. to no avail.

Here are the settings:
http://dongunn.com/hdspe.png

Here's what TotalMix looks like with two channels feeding 1&2 - the signal on 17 is a mirror of channel 1.
http://www.dongunn.com/totalmix.png

I'm running an HDSPe MADI FX card in my studio and have no issues at 2x rates, but I'm still on OSX 10.8.5, so I'm not sure if this is a 10.9 issue or something else is amiss.

Any thoughts or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

don gunn
www.dongunn.com

Re: TotalMix splitting inputs at 2x rates

Actually, after investigating further, the channels report correctly at 88.2 but go weird at 96. In case that's helpful info.

don gunn
www.dongunn.com

Where do you set 96k here? Your screenshot of the HDSPe settings still indicates 48k, and the screenshot of the mixer is incomplete. It seems the card hasn't even switched to 96k. Please provide more details.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay getting back here. I never received an email that my thread had been replied to.

The screenshot of the HDSPe setting was just an example; if I set it to 96k (or let Logic do the same), then I get the result seen in the TotalMix screenshot. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks again!

don gunn
www.dongunn.com

Not sure what is going on, but some device is either not running at 96 or does not support SMUX correctly. Please provide another full screenshot of the mixer @ 96.
Also test an ADAT connection with a loop from the card's output to its own input (clock mode should be master in this setup).

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME