Topic: Output Issue with RayDat

Greetings:

I purchased a RayDat card in 2012.  It's performed flawlessly until about 2 weeks ago, when I noticed a significant difference in volume between Channel 15 and Channels 1-14 and 16.  Channel 15 is about 3db louder than the other channels.  I've taken the following steps to resolve the issue without any luck:

1.  Swapped out every Toslink cable for new cables.
2.  Ran several anti-virus programs in Safe Mode.
3.  Uninstalled the card and drivers to the point where no driver existed (this took about an hour).
4.  Installed the latest driver version.
5.  Verified that I'm using Preset 1 in HDSP Mixer.

I'm on a Windows 7, Intel 2600k machine with 16 gigs of RAM running the last version of Nuendo 5.  Stereo files play back perfectly on channels 1-14 but when switched to 15-16, 15's output t is about 3db louder and is visible in both Nuendo's stereo input and my hardware meters. 

Please advise.  Thanks! smile

Re: Output Issue with RayDat

Are you using Preset 1 or the factory Preset 1 (click with Ctrl)?

Do the output level meters of TotalMix show the same difference?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Mike P 2014-06-01 04:52:54)

I'm using Preset 1 under Presets in the HDSP Mixer.  I just tried Ctrl+ 1 and there was no change.

In Total Mix, the outputs are displayed properly on all channels.  But when choosing the output 15/16 in Nuendo, the Input display is about 3 db higher on Channel 15 whereas selecting 1-14, the input meters match the output meters and are as close to "even" as expected. 

Please let me know if I've explained myself correctly. It's kind of hard to put into words.  I can provide Screenshots, if that would help.

Thank you!

Channel 15 is a digital (ADAT) channel. If TM shows the correct hardware output level then this level is exactly that at the hardware output, there is no way for it to be different. Check the receiving hardware, there seems to be something wrong.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Greetings:

I won't be working in my studio today but tomorrow, I'll link to files and screenshots because I don't believe I'm explaining the situation clearly.  Thank you for the assistance!  smile

Greetings:

I was in the middle of a huge project and decided just to re-route VST Connections from 15-16 to 7-8 so that I could complete on time.  The issue still remains. 

Also, I've been having issues with "White Noise" bursts in outputs 1-2, "glitches" in Nuendo audio as well as internet sites using Firefox, Chrome, etc.  I've run multiple virus scans in Safe Mode (MS Security Essentials, Malwarebytes & Adaware) and no viruses have been detected.  I rolled back the from the current driver to 3.41 last night yet the issue remains today.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance! smile

I'm still having major issues with random white noise blasts.  Since no one's chimed in, I'm going to re-do my desktop tonight with an image made in May.  Hopefully, that solves the issue.  If not, I'll have to assume that the card is failing.

I don't see any mention of what the card connects to. What makes you assume it's the card and not the converter?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME