Topic: Best connection UFX to Avid 11 Rack?

Hi everybody,

Just got a UFX shipping now, together with an 11Rack, however, I dont know what the best connection solution would be. I have searched the forum and there is a similar post, but related to a different interface, the tiny one. Im new to this so any suggestion for optimal sound clarity is highly recommended.

Thanks

2 (edited by ramses 2014-08-30 09:27:12)

Re: Best connection UFX to Avid 11 Rack?

It appears to me either analog or digitally via AES...

Assuming that signal/effect processing  in the eleven rack is digitally, it should be an advantage to use AES and keeping the signal digital as long as possible, also the ufx routes signals digitally .. Then you have only one d/a conversion inside of the UFX when listening via monitors or phones.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thx ramses. I agree. What about s/pidif? Which one would be better?

4 (edited by ramses 2014-08-30 19:18:14)

Its both digital, simply another protocol / encapsulation.

But from cabling perspective I would prefer to use a robust cable .. so AES in this case.

ADAT2 out could also be used as optical A/SPDIF, but an optical TOSLINK cable is more sensitive in terms of bend radius and scratches on the surface on cable ends.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13