Topic: Latency problem! Help!

Hi,

I work for more than 4 years now with a system (PC) using 2 HDSPe Madi cards with no problems.

One card (first) connected to a Aurora and the second card connected to two Micstacy's.

Yesterday during recording suddenly there was a crackle and there was a latency of almost 1 sec.
I reseted the cards (via Nuendo) but after 30 sec again a crackle and the latency.
I turned the computer off and on but the problem was still there.

I checked if the latency was also there on the first card.....mic via the Aurora......no problems???

I start editing and from time to time I heard crackles........after reseting the card it was ok.....but the crackles came back from time to time.

What to do? Where to start?

Is it a problem in one of the cards or is it a Windows problem? Installing new drivers???

Regards,

Frans

Re: Latency problem! Help!

Hello! I don't' have a MADI card with Windows-based computer, but latency issues may cause on high CPU load during edition in multitrack sessions. A lot of DAW users manually increase a buffer size on editing and decrease on record.

Best regards
Nikolay

Re: Latency problem! Help!

First thing I'd check is system clocking from top to bottom.  Sounds like card #2 might be drifting against Card #1.  What does your DSP Settings box show for Sync Status?

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8