1 (edited by Jimmy_Rage 2014-09-01 13:20:56)

Topic: Bandridge Firewire cable - Reliable?

Hi,
After a horrifying experience at home where a firewire cable -- and possibly my firewire card -- was damaged due to a careless broadband repairman, I had to go about the vexatious task of getting a new firewire 800 9-pin to 9-pin cable.

I say vexatious, because the first cable that I bought from manufacturer MDR Electronics (brand name MX) did not work. This is despite the fact that the cable I was using earlier was from the same manufacturer. The only difference was that was a 1.5 metre long cable and the new one was 3 metres.

Suspecting a faulty cable, I went to the shop and had them replace the cable for a fresh piece. I have already checked my hardware devices on my PC and I have no reason to suspect anything is wrong: according to Windows, everything is working.

I will be testing out this new cable today, but I fear there might be something finicky about the cable when used with the Fireface. Has anyone else had this kind of experience?

In that respect, I was wondering whether anyone has any experience using Bandridge firewire cables with their FF800? Is it reliable enough? I find it really troubling when I'm unable to sync up my unit to the PC: it gives me nightmares.