1 (edited by zhouren 2014-08-31 14:06:29)

Topic: AutoSync

Hi

i install a HDSP 9652 (rev 1.3) on a ASUS Z87 A /i5 4750 win7 64bit,everthing is fine!
thanks!

i gona tracking 16ch audio from my tape machine.i have two 8ch A/D converters.so,
A is on ADAT 1 ,B is on ADAT 2. both of the A&B clock is set to internal.

On computer DSP setting: clock source,say,i choose :ADAT 1 in,then how about the ADAT 2?
is ADAT 2 AutoSync?

Thanks

Re: AutoSync

any one?

both of the A&B clock is set to internal.

This is wrong, only one device can be on internal clock setting. You will need to have the second unit sync to either word clock from converter #1, or ADAT from the RME card.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

thanks Jeff.

because is recording,so the RME card must set slave mode,so in computer setting clock source,i can choose:ADAT 1,ADAT 2,or WC,but my RME 9652 is only main card,don't have the WC i/o.

so,i only can set clock source to,say, ADAT 1. and my converter #1 at ADAT 1,

then ,my converter #2 must slave to converter #1?both of two converter have WC i/o, so i'll set converter #2 slave converter #1 by WC,right?

RME slave converter #1 by ADAT, converter #2 slave converter #1 by WC?

RME slave converter #1 by ADAT, converter #2 slave converter #1 by WC?

Correct.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Not sure. The 9652 should be set to Internal (Master), both converters then should sync to their incoming ADAT signal. No word clock needed.

> because is recording,so the RME card must set slave mode

And that statement makes no sense at all.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi, MC

I gona transfer 16 tracks on a analog tape machine to the computer which have 9652.
i get confusion... i'm not in my studio,so i can't try now.

but i think in recoding,9652 will receive the incoming ADAT signal from my two converters.

zhouren wrote:

but i think in recoding,9652 will receive the incoming ADAT signal from my two converters.

Yes, but that does not mean it has to run in clock slave mode.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

9 (edited by zhouren 2014-09-06 16:53:19)

On both of my converters,when select input source to:analog,clock source can only set to Internal Or WC.so i set both of my converters clock to Internal .

in computer DSP setting,even i set 9652 clock to Internal,the ADAT1 and ADAT2 show:sync Locked!  and i recording 16 track from tape machine,everything seem fine.

then i set 9652 slave to ADAT1, that ADAT1 show sync, and ADAT2 show Locked.and i recording again,everything is the same.

so all of them set to Internal,but it work.
What did I miss?

zhouren wrote:

On both of my converters,when select input source to:analog,clock source can only set to Internal Or WC.so i set both of my converters clock to Internal.

That doesn't make any sense...  Better to set only one converter to internal, and sync the second one to Word Clock from the first one. Which converter is this?

in computer DSP setting,even i set 9652 clock to Internal,the ADAT1 and ADAT2 show:sync Locked!  and i recording 16 track from tape machine,everything seem fine.

The setting is incorrect, it must be Sync on both, not Lock. In the long run, there will be clicks in the recording.

then i set 9652 slave to ADAT1, that ADAT1 show sync, and ADAT2 show Locked.and i recording again,everything is the same.
so all of them set to Internal,but it work.
What did I miss?

Unless both ADAT inputs show steady Sync, the clock setup is incorrect.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

thanks Daniel

my converters is Apogee AD8000,and Mackie I/O 896(actually a Apogee)
Come to think of it, maybe I'm not connected to the Apogee's ADAT  input and output at the same time?!
i just connect Apogeeo out to 9652 in,so on Apogee,when i switch clock source to Optical,warning lights are activated?
i must try again...

just comeback

yes,the Apogee AD8000 can sync to ADAT when select input source to:analog.
but Mackie I/O 896 can't. only set to Internal Or Word Clock.

so,Apogee AD8000 sync to 9652 by ADAT ,Mackie I/O 896 sync to Apogee AD8000 by Word Clock?

actually i have no Word Clock cable now.can it be: 9652 sync to Mackie I/O 896, Apogee AD8000 sync to 9652,all by ADAT?

Yes. With the Mackie working on internal clock.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME