1 (edited by Mike P 2014-09-03 22:12:14)

Topic: RayDat to ADI DS MKIII?

Greetings,

My apologies for so many questions but I'm wanting to replace my Rosetta 800 with the best possible RME solution.  Currently, I use a RayDat to interface to the Apogee converters.

Would I be able to do the same with the ADI, UFX and ADI Pro?  I recall using a Nuendo branded 8 I/O with a 9632 back in the late 90's, early 2000's using the analog inputs, which were "cloned" by the ADAT inputs into Cubase and want to verify before purchasing.

Thanks again in advance! smile

Re: RayDat to ADI DS MKIII?

This post is unclear. What exactly is the question?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

This post is unclear. What exactly is the question?

LOL, sorry.

If I use the RayDat as a digital interface to the ADI, UFX, etc, will signals from Analog 1-8 be transmitted via the optical ports to the RayDat in order to record in Nuendo/Cubase?

Please let me know if that's clear. It's kind of hard to put into words for some reason.  Thanks! smile

Yes, that's the general idea. If you connect the ADI-8 converter to ADAT port 1 on the card, this would be RayDAT channels 1-8 in your DAW software.

The UFX is a USB & FireWire audio interface - not just a converter. So you can use this directly with the DAW software, without the RayDAT involved. But if you need ultra low latency, you can also use the UFX as a stand-alone 12 channel AD/DA unit, and connect to the RayDAT with ADAT optical cables instead.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Excellent.  Yes, I need ultra low latency so it seems like the best course of action is to keep the RayDat. 

Thanks, Jeff!