Topic: anyone use more than two midi controllers at one time?

Hi Folks,

has anyone tried using more than two midi controllers at one time with success for controlling seperate submixes? I'm trying to use up to 4 midi controllers at once ie. 4 x korg  nano controlls = 4 x midi ports.  I find that 2 work OK but no luck with 3. I cant get the 3rd submix to link up.

cheers  Greg

Re: anyone use more than two midi controllers at one time?

I just made a test with one BCF2000 and 3 iPads (AC7-App via Network MIDI), TotalmixFX 1.01beta2 with UFX on Mac - works fine (setting faders, changing submix - synchronized or not depending on "Submix linked to.." option).

Two remarks:
- first I forgot to set the "In Use"-Option in Settings window, this is not enabled by default for remote 2 to 4
- Totalmix only marks the selected channel block for the first remote

Perhaps you could check with a MIDI-Monitor Tool the signals from your 3rd remote.

Best regards,

Ralf

3 (edited by Gregmac 2014-09-04 10:06:37)

Thanks for your help Ralf

I've already tried all that

enabled in use

tested the outpits of the nano controls in midi ox , all working.

also if I reboot the order of the nanokontrols sometimes change order so the 3rd one might become number one and works fine, it's only the 3rd and 4th port that doesn't work on both the mac and PC

I'm using the latest official release of the drivers for the MadiFX so probaly a different version and a different catrd to. I do have a TotalmixFX_win0999b1 and TotalmixFX_mac0999b1  so I guess I could try them.
Perhaps you could post a link to your beta version and I can test that on my system.

cheers  Greg

4 (edited by Gregmac 2014-09-04 10:24:02)

Ok I found the new beta will test later

cheers  Greg

There was no really fix regarding MIDI (I just did the test with the newest version).
But, as I remember, in older versions basic initialisation of Channel Layout did not enable remotes 3 and 4 by default. When you have settings files first generated from older Totalmix versions, you would have to enable MIDI Remote 3/4 manually in Channel Layout Dialog.

Ralf

I've realized now that I reinstalled the driver on my system or installed a newer driver and it had overwritten my TotalmixFX_win0999b1 which if I remember writely had worked OK with more than 2 controllers. I tested that quite some time back so I just assumed the latest drivers would have the newer versions of totalmix in the package.

cheers  Greg

7 (edited by Gregmac 2014-09-07 02:30:48)

OK after more testing I've found the 4 controllers work fine with TotalmixFX_win0999b1 on the windows system. If I use the totalmixfx_102b5_win it does weird things on playback like sound still coming out even though there is no software playback faders turned up and all the midi controllers don't work.
I couldn't get any more than two controllers working on the MAC system no matter what version of totalmix I used. No sure if it's OK to just overwrite the app without restarting or whatever but it just would not work.
Edit: I've just found that the totalmixfx_102b6 works fine.

cheers  Greg