1 (edited by MC 2014-08-11 11:48:04)

Topic: Latest TotalMix FX 1.03 Windows / Mac

Updated 09/25/2014:

Hello,

we just had several Windows driver updates, coming with the latest TotalMix FX 1.02b2. You can now download 1.03 final to update your version.

Downloads:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/to … 03_win.zip

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/to … 03_mac.zip

Enjoy!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Latest TotalMix FX 1.03 Windows / Mac

Update:

TotalMix FX for Windows 1.02b6 is now available as download. In certain cases the loopback setting was not initialized correctly. Note that already since version b5 up to 64 channels are available in the dropdown menus of the Control Room Section. In the next version we will enable all channels for the HDSPe MADI FX. The MADIface XT needs a firmware update for this extended channel selection, so might come a bit later.

Update: Link removed

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Mathias,

I found using more than 2 midi remotes wasn't working in totalmixfx_102b5_win.zip with HDSPe MadiFX
Do you know if this one fixes it?

cheers Greg

No, because we can not reproduce this error (as commented by Ralf).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by Gregmac 2014-09-07 02:28:57)

Ok I've found now that the new version totalmixfx_102b6_win is working fine with 4 korg NanoKontrols, thanks very much.
I have found that the latest version doesn't work with the MAC, same harware configuration. Can only get one controller working. I'm using the latest official release and then dleting andcopying the updated totalmixes into the applications folder. I'm not sure if that's the correct procedure by I did notice that totalmix was seeing the nanokontol  midi ports as numbered 2 to 5 rather than 1 - 4 as they were previously. Perhaps there is something else that needs overwriting or a restart between copies?
I will try testing the nanokontrol midi ports with whatever the MAC equivalent of midi ox is and go through the procedure again and see if there is any success.

cheers  Greg

Gregmac wrote:

Ok I've found now that the new version totalmixfx_102b6_win is working fine with 4 korg NanoKontrols,

It seems you overlooked (or did not understand) Ralf's comment in the other thread:

---------
But, as I remember, in older versions basic initialisation of Channel Layout did not enable remotes 3 and 4 by default. When you have settings files first generated from older Totalmix versions, you would have to enable MIDI Remote 3/4 manually in Channel Layout Dialog.
---------

Not Settings/Midi (Midi in use) - but Channel Layout dialog! For all three tabs Input, Playback and Output one has to manually activate remotes 3 and 4. There has been no changes with MIDI remote in all the last versions, so it is quite unlikely that one version works and another one does not.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

7 (edited by Moshiko 2014-09-13 17:09:10)

Hi Matthias,
I've just updated from a very old version (0.98 I think), so thanks for the new changes.
I found a small bug in TMFX, in the option to change channel names:
If "Names" is turned on, double clicking on channel names do nothing.
If "Names" it turned off, double clicking is working on some channels, but not on control room channels.
(FF UFX with the latest drivers and firmware, TMFX 1.02b6, WinXP)

That is not a bug but fully intentional. Main will always be Main. No need to cause confusion...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

9 (edited by Moshiko 2014-09-13 22:24:28)

MC wrote:

That is not a bug but fully intentional. Main will always be Main. No need to cause confusion...

Edit: You are right, my mistake...
I thought that "Phone 1" was my text, but it's from the assignment...
Thanks Matthias :-)

Updated first post with TotalMix FX 1.03 for Windows and Mac, which is also found in all newer driver releases.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME