Topic: EQ settings change when switching from mono to stereo output channels

Hi,

I just came across one problem: you know how you can switch the output channels in TMFX from stereo to mono and vice versa, of course you can apply an EQ etc. Now - if you have two different EQ settings on two adjacent mono output channels and combine them to one stereo channel, the EQ settings won't remain the same for each of the former mono channels.

My real-world application to this topic:

I use a MADI FX card with Cubase 7.5 and I am dependend on Direct Monitoring, therefore the TMFX channel settings need to be the same as my Cubase channel settings (mono inputs to stereo outputs). Alright. Works brilliant! I also use TMFX's EQ as my room EQ and have my left and right speaker differently EQed. Hence - I need to have stereo outputs for Direct Monitoring but also would like to keep my seperate EQ settings for each of my loudspeaker channels. This seems not to work since one apparently cannot apply different EQs to each of the two channels. Any ideas or workarounds or am I just being stupid!?

Re: EQ settings change when switching from mono to stereo output channels

Not stupid - that's the way it works. Else we would need a button to switch the EQ between stereo and mono mode when the channels are in stereo mode. I doubt this will ever be added. Too much hassle...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: EQ settings change when switching from mono to stereo output channels

regarding room EQ you would typically setup a seperate CUE mix for this routed to your monitoring output, as room correction is global and not something you would set on "per channel" basis wink I might missunderstand though, but then please elaborate.

www.analoguemastering.com