1 (edited by ostrat 2014-09-29 11:16:45)

Topic: Hdsp 9652 With Emu 1616m Microdock?

Hi All,
I was wondering if it's at all possible to connect a HDSP9652 Rev 3 card to an EMU 1616M Microdock? Would it work if I connect the ADAT output of the 1616m directly to the ADAT input of the HDSP 9652?. The reason is 'cause I only have the cardbus2 (PCMCIA) version hence don't have the either the PCI or the PCI-e card for it! I just want to use it only as a preamp/interface without cardbus as it only handles all it's DSP effects & "Patchmix", hence thought that I could just use the DAW, Sonar &/or both plugins for the all the effects etc as a last resort. Is this possible? Is there another way around to use the EMU 1616m without it's cardbus/expresscard?

Is there anyone out there already using it in a similar combination? If so I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks

Re: Hdsp 9652 With Emu 1616m Microdock?

Hello,

you'll need to ask the question here:
http://support.creative.com/Products/Pr … ?catid=237

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you, I'll move/post it there.

Well, the EMU site is no longer what it was once & many seem to have given up on this unit! So I've rephrased my post if it helps?  If the HDSP9652 works with most interfaces with ADAT ouputs, then I don't see why it shouldn't work with the Microdock without it's Cardbus connected!

I tried to get the original pci/pci-e expansion card, but this seems very difficult since it is usually sold together with the Microdock interface/preamp!

Can anyone please help or have any suggestions?

Obviously we do not know if the Emu unit will work stand-alone or not. If it works like an ADAT  to analog converter then it should be possible.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks MC. I was actually aiming my question at someone who may have or is using an EMU ADAT Out to a RME 9652 ADAT In! I already have both these so thought someone might be able to throw some light on this!

Cheers