1 (edited by spek 2011-09-20 15:06:05)

Topic: FF 400: This device cannot start. (Code 10)

(i) bought FF400 and worked perfectly for over two years

(ii) reformatted my computer and put the same version of XP back on my computer. XP Service Pack 3 no software or hardware changes.

(iii) installed old drivers from original RME disk following EXACTLY the guide on the web site.

(v) I can see the mixer and settings icons in my tools bar but the drivers not working

(vi) Card will not work:  Device Manager Error: This device cannot start. (Code 10)

(vii) Updated latest drivers (3047) following EXACTLY the procedure document: same error message: This device cannot start. (Code 10)

(viii) cannot update firmware either

(ix) Properties in device manager for FF400 reports I have installed RME Fireface series PnP driver

(x) Remember: exactly same hardware and software set up that worked a week ago. no programmes or external installed.The FF400 is first thing and only device/programme installed after reformat. no external devices or other software connected or installed.

(xi) operating system Windows XP service pack 3 Asus P5E mobo

(xii) have repeated the above several times always the same result.

(xiii) v.frustrating problem: no music hope you can help

spek

ps i have changed firewire cabling and tried all three firewire ports on my computer: two on the back and one on the front

Re: FF 400: This device cannot start. (Code 10)

bump guys

maybe its the XP SP3 firewire drivers?

but i have a friend who has installed sp3 and his firewire devices work fine

any thoughts much appreciated

spek