Topic: Fireface UC setup teething questions

hi folks, just received a UC - very nice so far! latency performance very impressive, and pretty much the same as my previous AIO card. well done rme. couple of things (driver .938 with classic totalmix, win7x64):

- i have the totalmix mixer set to receive midi info. master volume correctly controls main monitor output, but the pitch wheel on my keyboard is controlling the software playback 1&2 channels?!? my previous setup was an AIO card with totalmix, so very familiar with it, and it wasn't doing it with that. have i missed a setting somewhere?

- in playback devices (control panel/sounds) in win7x64, analogue output 1&2 and adat output 1&2 don't appear. all the others are there. there is "Speakers, RME Fireface UC" in the list which i have assumed is outputs 1&2 as when I select this windows audio goes out 1&2. when using the AIO card, all outputs were listed as available in the playback dialogue. which makes me wonder if its related to this next question --->

- am i correct in thinking that wdm and asio should be able to run concurrently and access the same outputs (as they did with my AIO card)? i have windows 7 set up to use analogue 1&2 (which is WDM i assume), and cubase outputting 1&2 asio. when i switch out of cubase to play an mp3 in windows, it won't play. which again is something it did do with the AIO card. i know this is an easy workaround by 'releasing audio driver in background' in cubase, just want to make sure the setup is working correctly, and understand any hardware specific differences between this setup and my last AIO one.

best,

gary.

Re: Fireface UC setup teething questions

Please use the latest driver and firmware from our website - problems solved.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

ok thanks Matthias. i tried the latest version, and i think i prefer classic totalmix! so used to it i suppose, hehe.

if i go back to the previous driver with classic totalmix, do i need to uninstall the newer drivers or do i just use 'update driver' and point to the relevant directory in the usual way?

You have to uninstall the reg entries via Software Remove in Windows. Otherwise no problem.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

when you say software remove, you mean (win7) just control panel/programs and features/uninstall? or do i need to do something more to remove the reg entries?

Yes, that one.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok thanks Matthias...