Topic: Fireface random crashes: Howto reset or switch on/off while operating?

Hey there,

I got a Fireface 400 running under Windows 7 64bit. I've installed driver version 3.062 and the latest firmware, but the Fireface crashes from time to time. The error occurs randomly after closing a program (last time on Firefox, before it was NI Kontakt...) After that I don't get any sound and the drivers can't be loaded anymore. Checking the Fireface Settings showed that the Clock Mode's Sample Rate was set to 1371828 Hz (pitch at 3010.721%)! I can't change these parameters and only shutting down my PC helps to make the Fireface reset and work again. Is there anybody who's experienced similar problems or maybe got a hint what this error could be caused by? I'd be happy already if there was a way to reset the Fireface without shutting down my PC or Hot-Plugging! THX for Help smile

Re: Fireface random crashes: Howto reset or switch on/off while operating?

Please try using the "Legacy" FireWire driver in Windows.
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=12742

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

First thanks for the quick answer smile So far I've changed the FireWire driver as described. As I said, the crashes occured randomly, but I'll have an eye on it and will report if everything works stable. Kind Regards!

As I said, here's my report: Changing the drivers solved the problem- working like a charm... smile

Also make sure to use the "High Performance" power-profile, not the default "Balanced" one.