Re: Update:TotalMix FX 0.97 RC1 for Win & Mac - Cocoa and OSC support

Hello Neirbod,
I am more and more interrested by a control surface for my UFX. I first thought I would go for a BCF2000, but the ipad seems a better option for me (lighter, I can tighten it to a mic stand, have my sheet music on it, other apps as "Everyday looper" interrest me ...).
So I think I will wait a little for the iPad 3 and use Lemur.
I was also very concerned about the rotary encoders of the Lemur App, and I downloaded the free Lemur Editor for PC and programmed a 3 pages layout for testing.
The Rotary Encoders have different "Behaviours" options : If you choose the "standard behaviour", it is very dangerous (you can go from 0 to Max in just a little horizontal micro motion, I also plan to adjust the gain of the mics and it cannot be that way !.
I found the following options of the object "Knob" much more reasonable : I chose the following behaviors : CursorMode = Limited / Control = Linear and Physics = None, and it is perfect : If you need to adjust the gain, you must clic inside the knob or just on the rotary area, and slide vertically without any risk. if you move sideways, it has no effect and the speed of the thing can also be controled.
If you want to try it easily, you can download the free editor and test it yourself (you can emulate an iPad and the touch with your mouse).
If needed, I can also send you my template for the "live Set" (if it really can do what I programmed, it is Exactly what I need to drive my UFX standalone on stage !!). I even programmed a "Reverb" and "Echo" button, with all the options that are grey when inactive, and everything in colors when active (don't know if I will be able to do that with UFX commands for the standalone beast... but at least it works on the Lemur !)

52 (edited by neirbod 2012-02-29 18:17:26)

Hi Philippe,

Thanks for the info on how to create a safe rotary encoder!  That is very good news.

I (and I think others) would be very interested in any template you developed for live use.  May I suggest that you start a new thread specifically to discuss Lemur and post the template there?  I would not want this good information to get lost in this more general thread.  Or if you don't want to post it on the forum please send it to me in an email.  I am waiting on the iPad 3 (I borrowed an iPad 2 from a friend to test TouchOSC) so it will be a few weeks before I can get one and try it.  In the meantime, that is a good idea to work with the editor.  I will do that.

Cheers,

David

MC wrote:
BrendanMc wrote:

From the WIFI drop down on the MacBook choose "create network". Give it a name. I also use WEP security to prevent the audience connecting to it

From personal experience with Apple devices killing a network as soon as Airplay starts I would recommend to use WPA2 with AES encryption - problem gone. So this is not only safer, but also more reliable at this time, it seems.

Completely agree however OSX doesnt allow creation of an "ad hoc" network using anything other than WEP. I beleive this is because the WPA/2 standards are geared around central certificate services, and dont specify adhoc networks as a use case. I know Win allows adhoc WPA, but not apple. (Its rather ironic for Apple to be so faithful to a standard). We havent encountered a problem with WEP yet as our use of the ipad is primairly during sound check (have been using AC-7Core up till now), and then whoever's doing sound for us uses TM once we're underway. Looks like we'll have to start carting a wifi router with us. 

MC wrote:

[

BrendanMc wrote:

Matthias: where can we download your OSC template from? The Beta4 doesn't include any OSC templates.

I added the link to the file in the first post. Thanks for the note, I had overlooked that.

Thanks Mathhias for the OSC template - superb!

We've done our rehearsal mix using it and gig it tomorrow night for the first time. I probably shouldnt be using beta stuff in production, but we're just a fun band, and the template and TFMX/OSC have been rock solid through rehearsal...

Will let you all know how it goes.

Cheers
Brendan

neirbod wrote:

Thanks for sharing this, Brendan.  I will be trying the same thing soon.  It works well in my studio, but we have not yet tried it live.  How many times have you used it live?  Any problems to report?  How many times have you used this system live?

We've been using AC7Core during sound check without issue, but as the interface us not really right for TM, only a couple of us have been using it. We've done some minor adjustments between songs with it but the MacBook has always been on stage to fall back to if needed. We've used Matthias' new OSC template for two rehearsals now, and while a heap better than AC7, unless the musician has an engineering interest as well, its a bit overwhelming for them to mix there own ears unless its already set up on the right submix for them. Will be gigging the OSC template tomorrow night for the first time, and it will be getting a heap more use than previously so will let you know how it goes.   

neirbod wrote:

1) The behavior of Touch OSC rotary encoders resulting in an inadvertent jump from minimum to maximum levels. I would not even want to touch the compressor settings live for this reason in case I accidentally make the makeup gain jump to maximum.  I hope Lemur is better in this regard, but I have not tried it yet.

Yes completely agree. Even if I all I was doing was sound, I'd stay away from them once underway. Will be limiting use during performace to levels only!

neirbod wrote:

2) The behavior of the UFX effects sends.  I would like to have the ability to have them track the FOH mix so the wet/dry balance is maintained as I adjust the faders, but the only current option is to have it track the highest submix.  This is not an insurmountable problem, but one I hope RME can address in a future update.  I know others have raised it as an issue as well.

I havent bumped into this. I have our vocal mics at max send (which is independent of submix), Each output channel (submix) then has an appropriate amount of FX return dialed in, which are mostly set and forget. (for monitor feeds, the overall level gets adjusted by the musican). My UFX doesnt run FOH - Most of our input channels come into an Allen & Heath Zed R16 which also drives the FOH. It also feeds the UFX via ADAT for monitors and vocal FX. I return the vocal FX on a separate analog AUX channel to the Zed.

As much as I love the RME gear and revel in technology theres still something reassuring about having some old fashion faders to grab when it all goes to sh$t on stage!

Cheers
Brendan

Hi All,

I finally got to try touchOSC and I think I have it working, I can control TMFX faders etc. from the iPad but not the other way around.
If i move a fader or any button in TMFX the iPad does not update. Is this normal? I must have some 2-way communication because touchOSC is getting text and some info back from TMFX. Controlling faders seem jerky as well, not smooth. I cant figure out how to actually start recording even though I can arm tracks via touchOSC.

i7 Extreme 990X 3.47Ghz, 24GB RAM, Fireface UFX
Nuendo 8, Halion 6, Wavelab 9.5, Izotope RX 6

cobiashimew wrote:

Hi All,

I finally got to try touchOSC and I think I have it working, I can control TMFX faders etc. from the iPad but not the other way around.
If i move a fader or any button in TMFX the iPad does not update. Is this normal? I must have some 2-way communication because touchOSC is getting text and some info back from TMFX. Controlling faders seem jerky as well, not smooth. I cant figure out how to actually start recording even though I can arm tracks via touchOSC.

See my earlier posts in this thread. I had a number of problems, including what you described, and eventually got it working.  If you aren't using an adhoc network, I suggest trying it.  I had much better luck with adhoc as opposed to using my home wifi network.

Thanks,
I did try an ad-hoc wireless network and I actually got the same if not worse performance.

I am guessing the answers to my questions are:
1. Yes it is normal for the faders to not be updating continuously in touchOSC.
2. There is no record function on the touchOSC template (only track arm)

Thanks,
Chip Borton

cobiashimew wrote:

Thanks,
I did try an ad-hoc wireless network and I actually got the same if not worse performance.

I am guessing the answers to my questions are:
1. Yes it is normal for the faders to not be updating continuously in touchOSC.
2. There is no record function on the touchOSC template (only track arm)

Thanks,
Chip Borton

Not sure about #2, but #1 is not correct.  Faders in TM and TouchOSC should reflect each other perfectly and immediately.  If yours are not, something is not set up right.

Hello
I had this problem :
On stage, I want to control my FFUC via MIDI with a Roland A-800 Pro.
I already programed some hardware and software, I'm not a beginner !
I  succeed some commands programmation for TotalMix. But not the faders.
Impossible to affect Roland A-Pro faders to the TotalMix faders :-((((
Because Total Mix use "pitch bend" command, that is not a Control Chang, and it's difficult to reach it in MIDI devices.
Volume CC 7 would be more easy to manage.
The last beta driver (0.97 beta 4) solve a part of the problem : volume faders work fine with my A-Pro.
But pan knobs have strange effects in TotalMix : they don't stop to rotate when I stop on the A-Pro.
I will look that closer in the Roland A-Pro Editor !

Regards
Philippe HELARD
www.canne-et-bambou.com

Not sure about #2, but #1 is not correct.  Faders in TM and TouchOSC should reflect each other perfectly and immediately.  If yours are not, something is not set up right.

Thanks Nierbod. I have tried hardwireing the ethernet on the computer and a complete re-install of windows7 (had to do that for other reasons) and still get the same observations. There is 2-way communication between TMFX and touchOSC but the touchOSC faders will only update if you switch to another channel then back again. I don't know what I could have wrong, there is 2 IP addresses and 2 ports. I have the touchOSC bridge disabled. If I had the IP addresses or ports set wrong it wouldn't work at all.

Beta1 of my OSC Lemur Template:

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14092

Great Beta update, Matthias! I really like the Channel layout. Works like a charm. No issues in my W7 64bit.
My TMFX window now looks very nice and clean and it's also much easier to work with my Mackie MCU now.

I've found a couple of bugs though, and I have one request.
Bug 1:
Using the Submix-linked-to-MIDI-control, the selection of submix from MIDI is not properly handled for Mono outputs.
Selecting 1 (by Rec buttons on my MCU), gives me Main (AN1/2). This is OK.
Selecting 2 gives me AN3 (Mono). This is OK.
Selecting 3 gives me AN5 if Mono or AN5/6 if Stereo (This should have been AN4)
Selecting 4 gives me AN7 if Mono or AN7/8 if Stereo (This should have been AN5 if AN4 is Mono, or AN6/7 if AN4/5 is stereo)
Also it seems like the hidden output channels are also a part of this selection, which I assume is a bug also.
I hope there's an easy fix for this.

Bug 2:
When Loading a Workspace or Snapshot (created a few minutes earlier with same TMFX version),
with my MCU turned on, the TMFX freezes, or the MCU stops working and does crazy things.
Happens very often, but not always. One time it even crashed during startup, after sending all info/status/names to the MCU.

Request:
I'm sitting here with my MCU which has 8 buttons screaming to be mapped/used: F1-F8.
When I press one of them, the whole TMFX mix and workspace resets to default.
This is a "feature" I don't want to be (so easily) available on the MCU. It's dangerous.
Instead, could you please map some or all of these to the Key Commands?
It would be VERY nice to be able to use these buttons to control mute/solo/fader groups :-)
Eg. Map f4-f8 to F4-F8 (Function Keys) and f1-f3 to A-B-C
or map f1-f7 to Prog, A-F
Also the row below can be mapped to something
(What about mapping the rightmost 5 buttons to F4-F8?)
The only buttons on that row that are mapped, are Inputs->CuePhones1 and AudioTracks->CuePhones2.
This almost looks like a coincidence...

Well I hope you'll have a good time at the Frankfurt mess these days!

Geir.

Hello
the best thing would be to create a "Totalmix editor" that would allow each user to change parameters for each hardware.
Regards
Philippe H

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions!

gkilsti wrote:

Bug 1:
Using the Submix-linked-to-MIDI-control, the selection of submix from MIDI is not properly handled for Mono outputs.
Selecting 4 gives me AN7 if Mono or AN7/8 if Stereo (This should have been AN5 if AN4 is Mono, or AN6/7 if AN4/5 is stereo)

It seems you have the Option 'Submix Selection in Input/Playback row' active and select the submixes there. Then this behavior is logical and correct. You have to select the desired submix in the hardware output row.

gkilsti wrote:

Bug 2:
When Loading a Workspace or Snapshot (created a few minutes earlier with same TMFX version),
with my MCU turned on, the TMFX freezes, or the MCU stops working and does crazy things.

We will try to reproduce. It might be helpful to have your workspace, as a specific setting in it might cause this.

gkilsti wrote:

Request:
I'm sitting here with my MCU which has 8 buttons screaming to be mapped/used: F1-F8.

In fact these buttons control the 8 snapshots. Seems yours are still empty (factory default).

gkilsti wrote:

Yes, we do have plans to add these MIDI notes (Mackie F1-8) to the Key Command dialog.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Celtine wrote:

I  succeed some commands programmation for TotalMix. But not the faders.
Impossible to affect Roland A-Pro faders to the TotalMix faders :-((((
Because Total Mix use "pitch bend" command, that is not a Control Chang, and it's difficult to reach it in MIDI devices.
Volume CC 7 would be more easy to manage.
The last beta driver (0.97 beta 4) solve a part of the problem : volume faders work fine with my A-Pro.
But pan knobs have strange effects in TotalMix : they don't stop to rotate when I stop on the A-Pro.
I will look that closer in the Roland A-Pro Editor !

It seems to me that you missed the CC commands for (all!) the faders in the manual. There is no need to use the 'pitch bend' method. See UC manual page 70, MIDI Control. The Pan behavior is caused by the Mackie method, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

66 (edited by gkilsti 2012-04-02 11:37:48)

MC wrote:

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions!

gkilsti wrote:

Bug 1:

It seems you have the Option 'Submix Selection in Input/Playback row' active and select the submixes there. Then this behavior is logical and correct. You have to select the desired submix in the hardware output row.

gkilsti wrote:

Yes, that's correct, I use this option. It's VERY convenient to choose outputs like this. Much faster than changing to output row first.
I really like this feature. Still I think it's much more logical seen from a users perspective if it works like I was expecting :-)
I found out by testing some more today that this submix selection is mapped 1:1 from your input channels.
Being a programmer myself, I understand this implementation, sesen from a programmers perspective.
As long as your input channel allocation (stereo/mono) is equal to your submix allocation (stereo/mono), this works fine.
The only problem is that my setup is never like that. I use the line inputs for my synths (stereo), but the outputs/submixes 3-8 for my mono monitors.
Also when hiding an input channel, the submix is still chosen based on the corresponding input channel number.
I'd like to be able to choose any submix through this feature, no matter what my input row stereo/mono looks like. Cannon do that today.
My wish (and I really believe most people want it this way) is this:
Let the submix selection count the same way as the output row. 1->Submix1, 2->submix2, 3->submix3...
no matter what the input channels are configured as. This is the only 'logical' way seen from a user perspective.

gkilsti wrote:

Bug 2:
with my MCU turned on, the TMFX freezes, or the MCU stops working and does crazy things.c

We will try to reproduce. It might be helpful to have your workspace, as a specific setting in it might cause this.

gkilsti wrote:

Let me know where to send it...

gkilsti wrote:

Request:

In fact these buttons control the 8 snapshots. Seems yours are still empty (factory default).

gkilsti wrote:

OK, I see that now. Had the snapshot area hidden when trying the buttons, so I didn't see :-)

Yes, we do have plans to add these MIDI notes (Mackie F1-8) to the Key Command dialog.

gkilsti wrote:

Thanks a lot! It would be very useful to be able to map some of the MCU buttons to mute groups :-)

Bug 1 can only occur if you hide an input channel while selecting the submix there or by having the option 'Map stereo to 2 mono channels' disabled.

We think that as soon as you have a 'better' remote control that sends channel names the proposed method is more confusing than helpful. The current implementation is therefore our preferred solution at this time.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

gkilsti wrote:

Bug 2:
Happens very often, but not always. One time it even crashed during startup, after sending all info/status/names to the MCU.

Can you please try the new RC1 (link in first post)? With a little bit luck the reworked MIDI part fixes this problem.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

69 (edited by all 2012-04-06 12:15:36)

hi,

i won't use ipad/touch osc stuff with my ufx (however it seems great).

but, i was wondering (this is no big deal, but u know...) : is this rc1 097 TM the "real" official last TM ? i mean this is no more beta, is it ?

the channel layout feature is a very convenient thing...

so, are the non ipad users should use it, or can use it ?

may the eggs be with you !

(UFX TM 0963 / DSP 148 / USB 166)

RC1 will be the last version for this kind of TotalMix (as soon as it is released as driver update). We already have another version far developed in the loop (the one used in Frankfurt, v 0.98x) which represents the next generation and will be the one for all later updates. D2D on Windows 7/8 and Hide panel are only found in that version.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

great job, thanx !

72 (edited by MatsHelgesson 2012-04-14 12:39:52)

Hey fellow RME users!

I made two TouchOSC preset for Iphone users and thought that someone else might find these useful.

[large]TotalmixPhone[/large]

http://livingsound.se/totalmixphone/IMG_0555.jpg
http://livingsound.se/totalmixphone/IMG_0554.jpg
http://livingsound.se/totalmixphone/IMG_0553.jpg
http://livingsound.se/totalmixphone/IMG_0552.jpg
http://livingsound.se/totalmixphone/IMG_0551.jpg

The first preset - TotalmixPhone - took the longest to make. It's basically a leaner copy of the Ipad template made by RME. It's got almost everything that the Ipad template has but I couldn't fit all the things in so it was ergonomically usable. Some things, like Auto Mix and some rarely (by me) used things like mute and solo groups are left out. Also, as the screen is so small on the iphone, the mute and solo settings are on the last page. This was to give more fader space. the select buttons are still there, as are the pans.

First page is an overview of your faders, eight at a time. Scroll between channels with the Chan buttons. You can adjust pan/volume levels grouped or ungrouped and the Input/Playbks/Outputs switches between your fader banks (inputs, playback channels and output levels).

Second page has your current channel settings, gain as well as dynamics.

Third page are your EQ settings. It's basically laid out like the dynamic section.

Fourth page gives a birds eye view of your FX settings and controls.

The fifth page shows your main section. Here you'll select your submix, you have the main output level here and some other stuff. I left out snapshots, as I rarely if ever use them. It could potentially screw up your live mix too... Better safe than sorry.

[large]TotalmixRoom[/large]

http://livingsound.se/totalmixphone/IMG_0542.jpg
http://livingsound.se/totalmixphone/IMG_0543.jpg
http://livingsound.se/totalmixphone/IMG_0544.jpg
http://livingsound.se/totalmixphone/IMG_0545.jpg

The second layout - TotalmixRoom - is a quite stripped down, more customized template for my work flow. I made it as a monitor section for the most common stuff I use when casually listening or when doing studio work. It has a volume fader for the main speakers and one fader/pan/mute/solo for the instrument you're currently working on. It also has dim, mono, talkback and mute fx on the first page for easy access. With the CH buttons, you browse the tracks.

Page two has all EQ settings you'll need when recording in the studio.

Page three hosts the dynamic setting for that same instrument.

The last page, Ctrl, hosts your favourite mixer snapshot settings (provided you use them) and also bus selection, echo/reverb on/off and return levels, as well as Speaker B.

I'll try and improve them in the next few days and I'm also eagerly awaiting info on how to put meters in there. Maybe Matthias could shed some light upon it.

I hope someone else find these useful. Btw these will be posted on Gearslutz too. Moderators, if this post is too big, please edit it :-)

Files can be downloaded here: TotalmixPhone (around 10 KB)

Mats Helgesson
http://www.livingsound.se

Looks great, Mats. Thanks for sharing.

74 (edited by zapyz 2012-04-16 18:36:37)

Hello,

I think I found a bug in the MIDI implementation/Mackie Control support:
I use the option "Map Stereo to 2 Mono Channels".
When the sub mix corresponding to the 2 first faders is selected (stereo in TM FX) and I press the "shift" button on the controller, only the 2nd button LED up (instead of the 2 first like expected).
At the moment of the sub mix selection the 2 first LEDs light up as expected.

Other questions:
• How is the progress concerning VU-meter infos via OSC?
Will it be included in the final release?
Even if the implementation would not be perfect in software like TouchOSC it could be very useful to have...
• Is a "Map Stereo to 2 Mono Channels" planned for OSC?
That would be perfect specially for using the iPad together with a controller.

Thanks for the continued support!

MC wrote:
gkilsti wrote:

Bug 2:

Can you please try the new RC1 (link in first post)? With a little bit luck the reworked MIDI part fixes this problem.

Yes, the RC1 is better. Haven't been able to crash it yet (except when loading an old workspace)
Thanks!!

Can you please elaborate on this (old workspace)?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

77 (edited by gkilsti 2012-04-19 22:48:27)

MC wrote:

Can you please elaborate on this (old workspace)?

It was stored from the previous version (0.96 I think), without the MIDI channel config feature.
The TMFX froze when MIDI control was enabled, the MCU was ON and I loaded this previous workspace.
I have overwritten it now, unfortunately.

I guess the little bit of luck was enough for me :-)

Geir.

Hi everyone, I'm a new owner of a Fireface UCX (23388378), and I've got to say, thank you RME, this is an amazing unit, sounds fantastic and drivers (MacBookPro5,5 driverUSB v1.66, firmware v42) are rock solid, not a single problem so far. I was attracted by the new Channel Layout feature in TotalMix FX 0.97 RC1, so I decided to check it out (following your instructions I updated drivers to v1.67), and I got to tell you, this is a great addition to the TMFX, awesome job you people are doing.

I found a problem in 0.97 with the Workspace Quick Select feature. I hit w, the dialog opens, my previous presets don't show up, I select save current as, I give it a name and when I press save, TMFX crashes (closes) and overwrite my previous preset1.tmws, but the name is not stored in the RME.TotalMixFX.plist like it should be??. I relaunch TMFX, hit w, and again, no presets (all <empty>), so, I try to save current .. again....., and again it crashes. I continue with the test, this time I clean up all the RME files in the preferences folder, then I launch TMFX, adjust my preferences and settings and quit it, because it seems like the settings are not written to disk until the app is closed?? Relaunch TMFX, hit w, .... , hit save and the app closes, although the presetx.tmws is created in the RME TotalMix FX preferences folder, nothing is write to the RME.TotalMixFX.plist file. I can post the crash report. 

I would love to help, so, thank you guys.

eDu

Hello,

unfortunately RC1 looked for and wrote its data into a different plist. This has been corrected in RC2, so you will see your old workspaces, but no longer the ones you made with RC1. Please save them first as workspace file, to reload them later and then save them to the RC2 Workspace Quick Select list.

We think we also found the reason for the crashing, which did not happen often on our computers, so it would be nice if you try RC2 and could verify the fix.

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/to … rc2mac.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello,

The fix works!!!!

Thank you RME, you're awesome.

Peace and love.

eDu

Hi MC and all,

I'm glad to see RME embracing OSC support, which really ads value/functionality to it's line of great audio interfaces!

But for what I've understood, it's only available for TotalmixFX, and unfortunately I could not grab one of those RME new hardware just yet and still running my faithful FF800, with totalmix "noFX", of course.

So I wonder if there's any plans to extend OSC support to us all in the near future, which I'm sure would be greatly appreciated for thousands of users of old RME hardware worldwide.

Thanks RME and keep up that great work!

see ya

Marcus

Does RME think about supporting multiple client devices? I want to use my RME Babyface as a monitor mixer and it would be awsome if everybody could control its mix over WIFI using a phone, WOW!

OSCAR for Android and iOS with TotalMixFX templates: http://www.oscar-app.de

MatsHelgesson wrote:

Hey fellow RME users!

I made two TouchOSC preset for Iphone users and thought that someone else might find these useful

Thanks for OSC support, RME !!  Mats, thank you so much for these layouts !!! It's an amazing gift.
I got a brand new UFX and I just bought an used iPod Touch (2nd gen) to tryout Touch OSC.

Working good till now, but I need some help from you or RME devs:

I set up TotalMixFX with "Submix linked to OSC control" on and routing view=submix;  this way, when I select an hardware output strip on TotalMixFX, Mats' layout reflects the choice and the volume faders controls that submix levels. Cool.

Is there any way I could switch the hardware output strip/submix from Touch OSC ?
At this point it seems I could only switch between the rows in TotalMixFX: inputs, playbacks, outputs.

I'm going to use UFX as a live mixer. Basically I'd like to walk on stage between musicians, switch on the correct submix and fix their monitors' levels without going back and forth from FOH.

Even a small hint at the correct strings to put into the editor to build a specific layout would be cool.

Francesco

phonofranz wrote:
MatsHelgesson wrote:

Hey fellow RME users!

I made two TouchOSC preset for Iphone users and thought that someone else might find these useful

Thanks for OSC support, RME !!  Mats, thank you so much for these layouts !!! It's an amazing gift.
I got a brand new UFX and I just bought an used iPod Touch (2nd gen) to tryout Touch OSC.

Working good till now, but I need some help from you or RME devs:

I set up TotalMixFX with "Submix linked to OSC control" on and routing view=submix;  this way, when I select an hardware output strip on TotalMixFX, Mats' layout reflects the choice and the volume faders controls that submix levels. Cool.

Is there any way I could switch the hardware output strip/submix from Touch OSC ?
At this point it seems I could only switch between the rows in TotalMixFX: inputs, playbacks, outputs.

I'm going to use UFX as a live mixer. Basically I'd like to walk on stage between musicians, switch on the correct submix and fix their monitors' levels without going back and forth from FOH.

Even a small hint at the correct strings to put into the editor to build a specific layout would be cool.

Francesco

To select sub group, go to Mainmix, then press Outputs. There you select the sub bus with the S buttons. You can then go back to mixer view, then select the input channels for that sub group. Do uncheck link to sub group in Totalmix.

If you want the strings for the editor, you could open up my template or the Ipad template and copy the strings :-)

Mats Helgesson
http://www.livingsound.se

Doh !  Those "S" buttons are not for "SOLO" then... *BLUSH*

Thanks again !

86 (edited by Burtan 2012-05-19 14:24:25)

Hi,

I've just tried TouchOSC 1.81 on my iPad3 with TotalMixFX (0.97 RC1) connected to my Babyface. OSC connection was established over ad-hoc network of my laptop wlan. However, TouchOSC crashed when playing around in the mixer and channel strip (i.e. changing channels). Doing stuff in the Reverb menu was stable. When disabling OSC in totalmix fx, I did not experience crashed as well.

Should I contact the TouchOSC developer as well?

P.S.: Removing ADAT channels from mixer and OSC/Midi Control prevents crashing but still, changing channels in touchOSC does not work then.

The reason for the crashing described above were channel names with invalid characters like "ü", "ä" etc.

Contact TouchOsc creator and tell em about this bug. Any bug that crashes software is always critical.

Thread closed, please continue here:

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14665

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME