Topic: delay when using live recording

Hi all,
I am new to using the Babyface along with Sony Acid Pro7. When I want to record acoustic guitar and connect a microphone to the line input on the breakout cable I get a delay when monitoring (there is a slight disconnect between my fingers plucking the string and hearing it through the headphones) when I listen to the acoustic guitar through the headphones. If I connect the microphone into the instrument input on the side of the Babyface this does not occur. Can anyone suggest a solution to my problem.
regards
Roy

Re: delay when using live recording

I think you listen to the software and the necessary buffers causing the delay.
- Click the phones output (it gets brighter).
- Raise the fader of the line input.
- Set the fader of the playback channel from Acid Pro (AN 1/2?) all the way down. If you want to play the recorded signal later, set this fader back to 0 dB.

You listen now the input signal latency free through the DSP mixer of the Baybface.

If I connect the microphone into the instrument input on the side of the Babyface

Don't do this! The instrument input is for electrical instruments with high impedance not for mics.

best regards
Knu8t

Hi Knut,
thankyou for the fix I think Ihave  got that resolved. I am a bit of a newcomer to recording but I am getting there. Could you explain your comment "click the phones output (it gets brighter)". I sometimes have trouble knowing when to use the Babyface hardware or the Totalmix software.
kind regards
Roy

When you click the phones output channel in the 3rd row of TotalMix it gets brighter, to show you the channel is selected and you can make a mix for this output.

best regards
Knut

Hi Knut,
many thanks for that I am improving all the time.
kind regards from Australia.
Roy