Topic: Fireface UCX - Problem with standalone mode.

When I am trying to turn me Fireface UCX on, standalone (without turning my computer on) - it is doing straige thing - it turn on for 2 seconds than turn off for 2 seconds with "cracky" sound in speakers, than again it start to turn on, than again off with cracky sound and over and over again until I just switch the unit off.

But when I first turn my computer on, and then the unit - no problems.

But, there's also 2nd small problem - every time when computer is just turned on and loaded TotalMix shows message like "settings been lost, press No and it will load UCX setting in computer, or press Yes and hat will load Totalmix settings to UCX" Whatever I press, from that moment i starts working properly.
Getting really annoyed by that.

How I can fix this?

I really need standalone mode.

2 (edited by Runepune 2012-12-22 01:44:44)

Re: Fireface UCX - Problem with standalone mode.

?

I have no idea what you're trying to achieve......

I believe you need to have the USB/Firewire cable disconnected for "Standalone" use?  Sorry I'm not of more help - I'm more of a PCIe guy wink

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

It seems the unit is still connected to the computer, most likely by Firewire... Something like this happens when I connect my UCX to a Mac that is switched off, with the Firewire connection, which on some Macs does provide bus power even after power-down. Then LEDs will flash and the unit will behave erratically.

Standalone mode means no connection to the computer, but requires an external power supply. More details are in the manual.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME