Topic: Fireface UFX - Can't change Submix volume from front-panel

Just bought a brand new Fireface UFX from the store. While trying to adjust the submix volume (for example, adjusting Input 1 volume routed to Analog output 1), I can't adjust the Volume or Pan from the front panel/LCD. I can do it from TotalMix just fine. For the AN 3/4 Output for example, I scroll down and find Analog 1 Volume, select it with Button #2, but then can't change it from -Inf. If I adjust it in TotalMix, the value updates in the front-panel.

Is this expected?

Using latest drivers, Windows 7, Firewire 400.

Re: Fireface UFX - Can't change Submix volume from front-panel

It seems like if the computer isn't connected to the UFX, I can adjust all the submix volumes. I'm really hoping this is an easy fix since the whole reason I bought this was to have quicker access to adjust submixes from front panel smile

This is fully intentional and also described in the manual, page 11:

In online mode some settings are greyed out, as these should be changed only at the computer in the Settings dialog or in TotalMix. These include the choice of sample rate and the Mix settings.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the response. Can you let me know why this limitation exists? You can adjust almost every other parameter (incl way more complex ones) from the panel while associated to a host, so why limit such a key item like submit volume? I get sample rate since its a global parameter that requires proper handling in the driver, but submix volume is already reflected in real time when I use TotalMix, so why limit it to that only? It's obvious that its not a technical limitation so I'm curious as to if there's a reason I'm missing.