Re: TotalMix FX 0.99 - Beta 3 - Update Beta 6 - Update Final

New beta 5 is now available. Changes and download link in first post.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I mentioned this in post #34, but names still are not showing on my inputs, playbacks, or outputs.  Double-clicking my label shows there, but not on the GUI.  Of course operationally one is lost without them.

Screenshot please.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

RMiller wrote:

I mentioned this in post #34, but names still are not showing on my inputs, playbacks, or outputs.  Double-clicking my label shows there, but not on the GUI.  Of course operationally one is lost without them.

It works fine for me.  Is the "names" button engaged (upper right area)?

No names appear at top of each input/playback/output whether "Show Names" is engaged or not.  Giberish appears vertically in any compact view of a strip.  (Have screenshots but haven't figured out how to post them.)

I got the screenshot. 'No Names' is a somewhat misleading description. All your text strings are missing or corrupted, and I have never seen that before. We'll check.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The new features are great, especially the support for multiple controllers! (and the new design is cool too)

I started opening new windows for my controllers, and I got lost very quickly when switching between them. I mean, could we have the info of what controller(s) the current window is linked to, in the top bar, or somewhere else visible? Perhaps even have direct-selection numbers, or tabs, or something similar to easily switch to a certain window? I can easily remember the order of the windows after setting them up, but when switching between them in mac os x, I loose the order real fast. (And I don't want to accidentally change the submix my controllers control by having the wrong window open)

Anyway, I truly appreciate the hard work you've put into this update! I think I might be falling in love with you guys. wink Thanks for any additional updates too, you know I check here almost everyday to see if something new has come up. :-D

Fireface UFX+ | Fireface UFX | Babyface Pro | 12Mic

MC wrote:

---------------------------
Update Beta 5:

- Talkback adjustable per hardware output/routing by disabling the TrimGain button in the Talkback channel
- Listenback fixed
- Channel layout assignment fixed for all remotes
- Hotkey Z fixed
- Gain reduction display (white spot) fixed
- PFL button remote control fixed
- Supports the new card reorder feature for HDSPe MADI FX (Windows)
- Supports up to 6 interfaces (before 3)
- Several further improvements and fixes under the hood
---------------------------

Once again, nice work.
Man, you guys are fast.

Melbourne, Australia.
Pro Audio Dealership.
FF UFX / Macbook 2008 2.4GHz/6GB RAM

Thank you so much. I noticed however, that if the Talkback fader is all the way down, it will refuse to move up when trim is enabled. (looks like this applies to any other fader too).

FF UFX - ARC - U87Ai - 828Mk3 Hybrid - Digimax FS - Tascam MH8 - MIDI Express 128, 24GB RAM, i7-3630

That is the correct behavior, but we will add a workaround for Talkback, as there it is quite annoying.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

That is the correct behavior, but we will add a workaround for Talkback, as there it is quite annoying.

I have never understood this behavior in general.  I don't use the trim feature often, but when I do I usually have this small annoyance of not being able to move a fader that is set to minus infinity.  For me, changing this behavior for all of Totalmix would be a good update.  If someone knows a goood reason why the current behavior is preferred in general I would like to know what it is.

At minus infinity there is no routing defined, so you can't set the gain - for which channels? Only if you worked on that fader before TM FX will remember routings and can react accordingly, means adjust gain for various routings.

Talkback does have a defined routing (all destinations set to receive Talkback), so the internal workaround is to set those to 0 dB one time.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

After troubleshooting by MC and his advice to reset the display card color depth to 32bit, names appear as they should in TMFX 099beta5.  (But you already knew RME was the best!)  Now I can fully discover THE NEW TMFX while awaiting the iPad remote.

64 (edited by neirbod 2013-07-01 22:52:35)

neirbod wrote:

I have never understood this behavior in general.  I don't use the trim feature often, but when I do I usually have this small annoyance of not being able to move a fader that is set to minus infinity.  For me, changing this behavior for all of Totalmix would be a good update.  If someone knows a goood reason why the current behavior is preferred in general I would like to know what it is.

Retracting my earlier moment. After Matthias' explanarion and some more thought I can see why the trim feature behaves the way it does.

Beta 6 is there - with fixes for some graphics quirks, the labels visible 16 and 24 bit color resolution, and the Talkback fader up when updating from the former release version. When updating from the last beta the advanced Talkback settings have to be redone, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

'select submix button' which is the REC button on any Mackie Controller should reflect channels visible in the output row not the input row....

problem;
If I choose to hide Analog inputs 1-8 in the channel layout then the first REC button on Mackie Control will select submix 9/10 because inputs 1-8 are hidden. The first REC button should still select the main submix when I hide any input channels.

If the submix select buttons (REC) were tied to output channels this would be the case....

any thoughts?

Melbourne, Australia.
Pro Audio Dealership.
FF UFX / Macbook 2008 2.4GHz/6GB RAM

67 (edited by RMiller 2013-07-10 12:52:13)

A couple bugs to report: 1) Switching between presets, aspects of the interface change seemingly randomly - expanded EQ or D disappear and reappear.  2) On two unexplained occasions a Record button turned on that had not been selected prior - I'll try to verify.

Not sure if this is technically a bug, but an annoyance I hope RME can address.  I noticed that when I first run TM FX and either Lemur or Touch OSC that the connection is not correctly established, even if the ports and IP addresses are all correct and "enable OSC control" is engaged.  I need to go to "options" menu and first disengage "enable OSC control" and then re-engage it.  Then all works as expected.  Perhaps there is a way to automatically reset the OSC connection each time TM is launched so I can avoid this step.

Note that this happened with the previous TM FX version as well.

Getting these Console Messages now:

7/12/13 2:00:03 PM    TotalmixFX[172]    kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGSShapeWindow

7/12/13 2:00:03 PM    [0x0-0x11011].de.rme-audio.TotalmixFX[172]    Fri Jul 12 14:00:03 unknown0023121e159f TotalmixFX[172] <Error>: kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGSShapeWindow

7/12/13 6:02:52 PM    TotalmixFX[180]    kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.

7/12/13 6:02:52 PM    [0x0-0x13013].de.rme-audio.TotalmixFX[180]    Fri Jul 12 18:02:52 unknown0023121e159f TotalmixFX[180] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.

Got a number of the above from:
2:00:03 PM to 6:02:59 PM

MacBook Pro Early 2008
OS X 10.6.8
Latest driver from forum which includes TotalMix 0.99 beta 6 MAC os x (1)

Hope this info is helpful.

Hello Carsten,

when I have 2 main Outs defined, and their faders linked, when Main Out A is active, and I move the Babyface volume wheel, both faders move - as expected.

When speaker B is active, and I move the Babyface volume wheel, neither fader moves. If I grab one of the faders with the mouse, I can both move them simultaneously.

I would like to move both faders with the wheel, no matter which of the Speakers are active, when the faders are linked. Could this be done? Rigth now I have to switch back to Main Out if I want to move the faders with the Babyface wheel.

regards, Mikael

2 DAWs, each C 7/64, W7/64, Dell Prec. T5500 (2 x X5690), 2 x rme HDSPe / Multiface II / Octamic II

That is a restriction of the Babyface hardware, discussed already earlier in this forum.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

TotalMix FX 0.99 is now available with the latest USB and FireWire drivers. Due to holidays not all driver packages have been updated.

------------
Update 08/06/2013: all driver packages are now updated and include TM FX 0.99.
------------

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Im here on Fireface UC, driver 1.033, bios 118.

1) In the "SHOW" section:
when "2ROW" is lit, I've got 2 rows;
when "TRIM" is lit, I've got the faders acting as trims;
when "NAMES" is lit, I should have the user names (the ones that I gave) on the strips - and not the factory ones (Mic 1, Mic 2, AN3, AN4, etc).

2) There are a couple of FX buttons/settings that should not be present because UC has no FX.

Fireface UC (hardw. rev. 123, driver 1.168) | Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3R | Windows 10 Pro x64

I mean there are also lots of improvements which are of course praiseworthy smile But I wanted to signal what I think are bugs smile

Fireface UC (hardw. rev. 123, driver 1.168) | Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3R | Windows 10 Pro x64

Okkk, I'm sorry, I just read the manual smile By "NAMES" are meant the Original Names, before the re-naming by the user...

..just wanted to say.. great job on the new features and TotalMix's beautiful new graphic interface..
Well done!

Cheers,
Doug

77 (edited by neirbod 2013-08-15 03:42:00)

I am having a problem with the display in the record view panel in TMFX.  I am running a UFX with Windows 7.  Driver and firmware are up to date (1.033 and 353).  The display has all of the data such as record time blacked out.  This does not appear to affect the function.

Note that this also happens with my laptop (also running Win 7) and with two different recording media.

http://www.nomadrecordingstudio.com/images/TMFX%20graphics.jpg

UPDATE - I discovered this problem only happens when D2D is not enabled. I had turned it off as part of troubleshooting some problems with Sonar and did not initially notice a difference so left it off.  Once I turned D2D back on the display is normal.  Seems like a bug that could be addressed (or something to work on at least).

Sorry, but we have been more quick. You just need to use the latest driver...with the latest TotalMix FX 0.992...
big_smile

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

are you able to tell us what plans RME has for new features in totalmix with future revisions ?

Sorry, we do not want to make this public. Surprise time smile

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the update, liking it so far. 

Might have a bug to report regarding the snapshot presets.  I find that when you switch between the mix states that are stored in the snapshots that the control room level reverts to 0.0 db even if you stored it at -30.0 db.  You have to switch about three times between different presets but eventually it happens.  This makes for really loud and unexpected high volume being routed to the studio monitors and it is quite unpleasant.  It would be nice if the snapshot tool would always preserve the output level for the sake of everyone's hearing and equipment. 

Thanks!

First check (and report) if you have the option 'Do not load Main volume/balance' active or not. Second, if this is a random effect, the current workspace might be corrupted. Third it might help to send us the complete workspace so we can try to reproduce this 'only sometimes ignoring the do no load option' error (if that is what it is).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Matthias thanks very much!  It was the option that I did have checked.  Now that it is changed I can switch between all the snapshots and the volume level that was saved is what is loaded. 

Thanks again!

84 (edited by johnnydub 2013-09-12 13:39:02)

as mentioned before in this thread:

"The new TM works beautifully if one wants to use 4 individual MIDI controllers to control 4 separate submixes
...however if one wants to combine the use of x2 units of 8 faders to control a total of x16 input faders in the one submix,
the only way to do this is to 'hide' the first 8 input channels in the channel layout for MIDI controller #2 etc.
...Ideally x2, x3 or x4 midi controllers of the same family such as Mackie control universal and its extensions would behave as they do in Pro tools and the other DAW. Which is as one unit..."

I also would like to know this..
I work with a Tascam US 2400 midi controller which has 24 faders: each bank of 8 faders appears to the computer as 1 midi port..Is it possible to use all 24 faders simultaneously (for input row levels) on 1 selected submix (of the bottom row)?

Basically i would like to select different submixes (headphone mixes in my studio setup) with assigned buttons on my tascam us 2400 and mix my 24 inputs from the recording room to separate headphone mixes  (with all 24 faders on the tascam without banking up or down..)

All 24 faders of the tascam should reflect the input row always...when i select a different submix (on the tascam if possible) all 24 faders on the tascam should update to this submix..

Really hope this is possible in the new totalmix fx! !
Thanks