Topic: DIGI 9636/52 Windows 7 HELP!!!

hi,
I have a digi 9636/52 that worked fine under Windows XP. I recently upgraded to Windows 7 (32 Bit) and cannot get the card to work!
I downloaded the XP drivers, and even set them to run in compatibility mode for XP, but as soon as I update the drivers and restart my PC, Windows will not start, I get a blue screen error (which doesn't stay on long enough for me to read) but it is definitely the digi 96 that is causing the problem.
Can anybody help me out, I am at the end of my tether!
I just need to get it working under Windows 7 32 Bit please help me sad

Re: DIGI 9636/52 Windows 7 HELP!!!

Which specific driver file did you download? It's known to work in Win 7 32 bit, so most likely either the device selected in Device Manager is wrong, or the driver is wrong.

You can turn off automatic restart after BSOD as well:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows- … ic-reboot/

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Many thanks jeff i will check blue screen and get back to you , any links for the correct drivers whould be great also
Many thanks again jeff

Here's the driver: https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/tr … 2k_211.zip

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

5 (edited by buggy 2013-06-16 15:14:52)

Hi jeff
Cheers for the drivers , i installed them and got the blue screen again with error message

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is Identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.
Check with your hardware vendor for and BIOS updates.disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If u need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, pressf8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.
Technical info

. Stop: 0x000007e (0xc0000005, 0x90812e2ef, 0x8a45a888, 0x8a45a460)
Digi96.sys-address 90812e2ef base at 90811000, datestamp 42dfd37d

Collecting data for crash dump
Initialising disk for crash dump
Beginning dump of physical memory
Dumping physical memory to disk: 100
Physical memory dump complete
Contact your system admin or technical support group for further assistance

Any thoughts
As i am just about to rip out soundcard and buy new one

Must have been a problem with the drivers I downloaded them a few time and got them to work
I am now up and running. Thanks for all your help

How did you go about the installation?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I have a problem with the drivers too!
I can't even install it! When I run the Digi96.exe file, the system show me the icon, but i can't do anything. Windows 7 (32 bit) doesn't show me the window with setup or even settings. Just the icon.

Regards,
Thomas