Topic: Two Firefaces and MIDI Control

Hello there!
I have an UCX and UFX linked via ADAT and want to use the big one as my main mixer. Simple MIDI control of some Input channels. With the UCX this worked like a charm. But the UFX is kind of difficult to setup. I have two TotalMix FX windows open - the small reacts the other not. Also I think I have found a kind of bug: When selecting in the settings dialog which MIDI In Port it's listing both Firefaces with the same name. When I select the last one and press ok the next time opening the dialog it's always the first selected. Maybe the cards should themselves register to windows as UCX/UFX and not "Fireface".
The manual is kind of cryptic regarding Midi control (not Mackie HUI!). When I edit the channel layout and disable M1-4 for some channels, does that mean the counting of which CC and channel to which Fader changes too?

With best regards
El Duderino

2 (edited by El Duderino 2013-10-13 17:40:13)

Re: Two Firefaces and MIDI Control

Got it running. :-)
I missed to check the "Enable MIDI control" in the options menu. Seems to be disabled by default when creating a new Mixer window.

But the same-named device listing for MIDI remains strange.

Re: Two Firefaces and MIDI Control

If you have two units connected to the same computer,
you can control them both via the same TotalMix FX window by selecting the unit you want to adjust in the upper right corner above the DSP load meter.

Sonicimage studio
RME FF UFX, XTC, ADI-648, MADIface USB
W10 Pro 64bit