Topic: Totalmix FX BUG? & Direct Monitoring question

Using the latest totalmix on my HDSPe MADI FX, in the master section i can only select madi 1 1-64 as outputs, i need to select 2- 9/10 how do I do that?

Also the manual states that with Direct monitoring ON the DAW faders can also control the volume of the middle row, but the TotalMix FX faders do not follow the DAW fader position.
Does this mean that in totalmix I should just leave the volume on unity 0dB and "automate" the fader in the DAW?

www.analoguemastering.com

Re: Totalmix FX BUG? & Direct Monitoring question

> Also the manual states that with Direct monitoring ON the DAW faders can also control the volume of the middle row

Page number and version of the manual?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Raphie 2014-08-31 07:03:12)

page 69 of the hdspe fx manual:

27. Tips and Tricks
27.1 ASIO Direct Monitoring (Windows)
Programs that support ADM (ASIO Direct Monitoring - Samplitude, Sequoia, Cubase, Nuendo
etc.) send control commands to TotalMix. This is directly shown by TotalMix. When a fader is
moved in the ASIO host the corresponding fader in TotalMix will move too
. TotalMix reflects all
ADM gain and pan changes in real-time.
But: the faders only move when the currently activated routing (the selected submix) corresponds
to the routing in the ASIO host. The Matrix on the other hand will show any change, as it
shows all possible routings in one view.

And the other question: I can only see outputs from madi one  in the main mix selection pull down

The corresponding fader is not in the middle row and that is not statet in the manual.
The corresponding input fader moves.

5 (edited by Raphie 2014-08-31 09:35:27)

You might be right, I'll check
but then I do not understand the totalmix FX logic

to my understanding:
top row - physical hardware inputs of connected devices
middle row - software application outputs > audiostreams generated by (i.e. VSTi's) or physical inputs funneled through daw software
bottom row - physical device outputs.

so totalmix faders top row faders are obviously only in sync with INPUT faders in the DAW, not with any of the DAWs output faders. these would correspond to het middle row.
it would be great if DAW output faders would be in sync with the middle row too.
my bad missreading that.

Row refers to TotalMix only. The 'input' faders of Cubase are trims. The 'middle' faders of Cubase are the ones that control the routing volume of input to output, therefore move the TotalMix input faders when ADM is on. Fully logical.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

7 (edited by Raphie 2014-08-31 15:45:01)

Yes, makes sence now, just needed to get my head around it, thnx MC
Any thoughts on madi connectors 2 & 3 not being in the main output selection list?