First BBF Pro FS has been upgraded TWO years ago and come on , the upgrade it was minimal, almost the same model. When it was released the babyface pro? SEVEN years ago?
The Babyface Pro was already quite a facelift compared to the Babyface, and with the Babyface Pro FS RME has gone one better.
And you think that wasn't much? Really ??? I think RME has improved a lot. May I remind you of the following changes, which you can also read off the product page at any time:
- 2nd reflevel +4 dBu to reduce the output level without too much loss of SNR/dynamics with switch on the bottom side
- SteadyClock FS
- Increase output power, improve THD of both headphone outputs
- Reduction of output impedance from 3.5mm KH output
- Improved SNR of microphone and TRS line inputs
- Improvement of THD of line inputs
- Fastest converters, even faster than those of the flagship interfaces with 6 samples less latency on AD (5/7 samples AD/DA at single speed)
- K-Slot for theft protection.
All the above improvements have been achieved without increasing the power consumption of the interface !!!
So and you think that was nothing ?
You should also bear in mind that the Babyface Pro FS can still be bus-powered on USB2. Therefore, it is not possible to make major changes to the design at will.
The successor is going to be a model with DSP in 2022 for that reason you can't find one, this is not something new, some dealers know about that.
Well there I have some doubts as a full implementation of DSP chip would require more power from USB2.
At the moment it's still the case that EQ is being done in the device and Reverbs/Dynamics through the driver (using the PCs CPU).
We'll see ;-)
BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13